Bad Moon Rising

Zane's POV
I kept moving as I was dreaming about what happened to me on the boat, I kept getting flashbacks of trying to open the door, and then all of a sudden I look over and saw that creature and it's tail.

It kept replying in my head on what I saw, I sat up and gasped for air "was it the fish thing again?" I looked over to see Miriam sitting down drinking her juice "what?" I asked her looking around.

"You know, the nightmare, with the slimy scales and the big teeth" she moved her shoulders I looked away from her and at the pool "it wasn't a fish, ok?" I defended myself from her negativity.

"Ok" she said relaxing I turned my head away and got up "don't be here, when my dad gets back" I glared at her while I walked off back inside.

Leah's POV
I spun the moon to see if their was a full moon today "that's it, tonight's a full moon" I said with a sigh "this is making me nervous" Cleo looked at the moon "you'll be fine, you three just need to control yourselves a little better this time" Rikki pointed at us.

I rolled my eyes "you're not immune to what you know Rikki" Emma quickly told her off "I'm pretty sure I can resist the big bad moon, even if you can't" she quickly said looking back down "oh we'll see about that, look I'm pretty sure we can all resist the big bad moon" I shook my head at Rikki.

"I'd rather be prepared" Emma said I looked at her and nodded my head at her "prepared?... do I smell another Emma plan coming?" Rikki raised her eyebrows at her "all we have to do is avoid the moonlight and water" she gestured her hands up.

"Still, I'd feel better if Cleo tracked down Miss Chatham" Emma looked at Cleo, the bell rang and Cleo got up to answer it, "she seems to know how to deal with the full moon stuff" Emma sat down "when she's not talking in tongues" Rikki slowly hit her hand on the table.

I faced my full body to see who it was that rang the bell, when I saw who it was my eyes widened.

"Zane?" I asked as I pointed at him, he quickly turned his head at me and looked down at me, then back up at Cleo "uh, is your dad home? I need a word" He asked trying to look upstairs, Cleo stood there fiddling with her fingers, and turned her head at us.

Zane's POV
"You're the only one I could ask" I followed Mr.Sertori into his kitchen "you know these waters like the back of your hand" I looked at him "true...so this happened when the boat went down" he sat down in the kitchen "something saved me, something weird" I said playing with my fingers.

"You know, when we go through stressful situations, sometimes we get a bit messed up, in the head" he said bringing his fingers to the side of his head "no, that's not it, this was real, and big" I said pointing at the piece of paper I had in my hand.

"Like a dolphin" he held his hands up "no, it wasn't a dolphin" I said, I unraveled the piece of paper I had in my hand and showed him my drawing of what I saw "the skin was orange and shimmery" I leaned on the table "it was strong and powerful but...sort of elegant" I grabbed a chair and sat down.

"So did you touch it?" He asked.

"No, but if I had have, it would have been tough but soft and- and smooth, and strong, really, really strong" I put my fingers up to my mouth looking for his reaction "you were without oxygen for a few minutes, you can easily have been seeing things, you know hallucinating" he said not believing me.

"I wasn't seeing things" I said pointing at the paper "Zane, without proof-" he started but I quickly cut him off "so you don't believe me?" I looked up at him then my paper "ok, I'll prove it to you" I grabbed the paper and folded it back up.

"But I'll need to borrow some of your equipment" I asked him tapping the paper on the table.

I was in my boat all ready to go as I waited for Nate, I turned my head and saw him walking towards me with a bag "you took your time" I said turning back around "yeah, nice to see you, too" he said climbing into the boat, I started the boat and drove off.