The Big Chill

(Shoes-converse)

Leah's POV
Emma and I had gotten a job together at the JuiceNet Cafe I was so happy, Emma and I where both working tables "here is you're banana smoothie, enjoy" I said as I sat the smoothie down in front of the boy I walked over to Emma and smiled at her.

"That'll be four minutes and 30 seconds approximately" she said to some customers "you guys need a hand" Wilfred asked us I shook my head and wiped off a table "um, no thanks" I told him as I cleaned off another table "yeah, everything's under control" Emma said grabbing a dirty dish and stopped and sat down the bowl.

"Table 6 wants one orange and pineapple juice, one low-fat mango smoothie, and a soy banana shake, with a bendie straw" Emma smiled at him and walked off, "oh and table 4 wants a strawberry berry smoothie with an little umbrella on top" I smiled at him and walked behind the counter.

"Emma, Leah I'm really glad I took you guys on for this job" he put his lips together and smiled at us as we both worked "I wasn't sure about some of your ideas" he said pointing at Emma.

"Like alphabetizing the fruit?" Emma turned around and smiled at him "and color-coding the juice bottles, but it all works" he leaned on the table "organizations Emma's thing" I looked at him and patted Emma's shoulders.

"Look, um, I have to go away for the weekend to a food and beverage conference in the snowfields, and I'll need one of you to look after the cafe" he said I smiled at him and looked at Emma "is it too much responsibility for you guys?" He said I looked at him "but just one of you" he pointed at us.

"Emma will take it" I said throwing my hands on her shoulders "I will" she said surprised "you will" I smiled at her "then yes and, no, no, I love responsibility" she smiled.

"Good, ok, and if you need to hire someone in to give you a hand-" he said "no, no thanks, Wilfred, I have Leah" she said smiling at me putting her hand on my shoulder "and we won't let you down" I pointed at him "yeah, we promise" Emma told him excitedly.

I looked over at Emma and hugged her "congratulations" I told her "thank you but I feel bad are you sure you didn't want it" I shook my head and threw up my hand "no that would have been to much work for me besides you got this in the bag" I put my hand on my hips and got back to work.

Cleo's POV
"I'm so over being broke" Rikki said putting down a paper "worst part is, I can't even afford these tickets to the feral robots concert" I walked over to her and looked at the paper "well, why don't you get a part time job, like Emma, and Leah" I said walking towards the cabinet.

"Oh, jobs have this hidden downside" she told me "they involve work" she turned around and looked at me.

"Hey guys" Leah said as she stood beside Emma "you are looking at the brand new mangers of the JuiceNet cafe for the whole weekend" Emma said looking at Rikki "perfect timing" I said pointing at her and smiling "Rikki was just saying she needed money to go to the Feral Robots concert" I told her and handed the paper to her.

"Ooh, you actually like that band" Leah said taking the paper from Emma and looking at it and sat it back down "so anyways, I was thinking, now you're the manger, you could give Rikki a job at the JuiceNet cafe" I pointed at Rikki has Leah and Emma looked at me like I was crazy.

I saw Emma look over at Leah who scratched the back of her neck and started to shake her head "um" Emma said looking back at Rikki who was waiting for an answer "I don't really think Wilfred would want me to" she gave her a smile "no offense, Rikki" Emma said looking at her.

Rikki looked down at the paper and put her lips together, I gave Emma a seriously look "no that's fine, I'm not much of a smoothie person anyway" she said walking away, Emma and Leah nodded as they both looked over at me I walked over to them angrily.