Love Potion #9

Leah's POV
"Hey guys, what would be the most important scientific discovery of the year?" Lewis ran up to us with Reed on his tail "somewhere to hold our school dance" Emma answer his question.

"Incorrect." Lewis said.

"Correct, the Marine park double booked the function hall we hired, and know we don't have a venue for the dance" Cleo crossed her arms at Lewis as she started to walk off, and we followed her.

"Relax, someone else will look after it" Reed said out of breath "that someone else is them" I pointed at the two girls in front of us "I'm the chairperson of the organizing committee" Emma said.

"Well, I'm working on scientific way that will make it easier for you guys to be mermaids" I rolled my eyes at Lewis "maybe we can have like a street party, we could cordon off the roads around the school, and have the dance in the street" Emma ignored Lewis.

I furrowed my eyebrows and the bad idea, I looked over at Reed who had done the same thing "I'll call the council" Emma started to pull out her phone "I'm losing it, aren't I" she quickly stopped turning to us.

"How about the cafe?" Reed shrugged his shoulders "brilliant, that's way more intimate than the function room" Emma smiled at Reed in a thankful way "and there's still enough room for dancing" Cleo nodded in agreement "you're a genius, Reed" I turned to Reed who smirked.

"Hey Leah can I talk to you for a second" Reed gently grabbed my hand, and stopped walking "yeah, sure go for it" I smiled at him "well I was wondering if you wanted to go-" Cleo quickly cut him off, on accident "hey, Leah, there's Miss Chatham." Cleo pointed at the women.

I quickly turned and saw Miss Chatham "can't we just wave" Lewis asked, I slightly hit chest and started to walk towards her.

"He sensed you're upset, I sensed it from him" miss Chatham quickly walked staring at the dolphin doing flips "a mind reading dolphin?" Lewis said, I saw Cleo lightly push him, I smirked at Cleo in victory.

"Oh, a lot of sea creatures, it's like a kind of magic, I mean, not the kind where you make things disappear, they'd need a warden for that" Miss Chatham gestured her hands, smiling.

"Fortunately, there's a thing called science to help the magic alone" Lewis told Miss Chatham "Lewis is trying to figure out a scientific way to make it easier for us to be mermaids" Cleo crossed her arms as we stopped at an railing.

"It won't work" Miss Chatham said "well, if mightn't let them mind meld with the jellyfish" Lewis chuckled gesturing to his head "but it will give them a chance to live like normal human beings" he stated to her, I rolled my eyes at Lewis "well, no one can mind meld with the jellyfish...they're jellyfish" she said without care.

"And these girls are not normal human beings" Miss Chatham told lewis, I saw Lewis looking furiously at Miss Chatham "yes, they are, what's happened to them might seem magical, but the cure will be scientific" he got a little closer to her, Reed and I stared at each other in disbelief of what lewis was saying.

"Can science explain why whales sing?" miss Chatham tilted her head at lewis "yes, it can" he shot back at her "can it tell you what they're singing about?" She looked out at the view, then at Lewis, i looked at lewis who looked speechless.

Emma glanced at me, as I smirked at Miss Chatham "anyway, we've got a dance to organize." Emma moved her head for us to come along, and we followed her "good luck" I heard Miss Chatham say to Lewis.

"You have to promise to stick to one rule"  Wilfred held up his pointer finger at us "no early finishing, don't want people saying I laid some curfew on you" I smiled on how cool Wilfred was to let us have the dance at his cafe.