A Twist in the Tail

Leah's POV
"Mako Island was here long before all of us. And it'll be here long after we've all gone, and long after this full moon" I sat down besides Emma with the girls and Reed, and Lewis listening to Miss Chatham speak.

"Oh, yeah, full moon time again, tonight" Cleo turned to us then back to Miss Chatham "is it going to be as bad as it was last time?" Cleo asked a questioned.

"The full moon is a powerful force, but this time, however, it's even more so" Miss Chatham stared into deep thought looking worried "Really? How do you know?" Emma sat up straight also worried "I know" Emma looked my away, as I turned to her also.

"Not everything can be explained, some things need to be taken on faith, right, Miss C" Lewis lifted up his eyebrows smiling at miss Chatham who looked surprised but happy "right, Lewis" she chuckled, I looked over at Lewis and rolled my eyes.

I had gotten enough of sitting up straight so I laid down, and put my head on Emma's thigh chuckling at Miss Chatham, for some odd reason I felt like someone was taking photos of me and my friends but I just shook it off paying attention to Miss Chatham.

Rikki's POV
I leaned on a tree playing with my fingers, I felt someone grab my hands, I looked up to see Zane looking very happy "I've been looking for you, you are not going to believe this" I quickly took my hands away from his.

"Uh, I believe you told me to leave you alone, is this a bad start to an apology?" I looked at his face "there are mermaids, I've seen a photo" my smile dropped looking at him confused "what?" I said.

"A photo, there's more than one of them, out by Mako" he told me.

"Where did this photo come from?" I questioned.

"Dr.Denman, she's got these underwater motion activated cameras for counting fish, I was there when she downloaded the big one, look you can't tell anyone yet, but I had to tell you" he smirked at me the whole time, but I stood there looking dumb with my mouth hung open.

"Isn't it great?" He looked at me for an answer "yeah, that, that's amazing, congratulations" I told him sadly nodding my head.

Leah's POV
"There was a camera?" Reed looked at me in disbelief "we didn't see it when we were swimming in" I turned to him annoyed "it mustn't have been a very good photo, otherwise they would have recognized it was us." Cleo turned her body towards Emma.

"Are you complaining about it? Do you want to write a letter to the manufacturer and get Denman's money back?" Rikki looked at Cleo with attitude, Cleo put her head down in embarrassment.

"Look, maybe we should talk about this somewhere more private" Emma quietly told her when she saw Cleo looking upset, I slightly jumped as my brothers phone rang and he picked it up.

"Lewis McCartney" he spoke to see who it was "oh, it's you" he turned to me, I nodded knowing who it was, Denman, "why would you-" he stopped talking and squinted his eyes "can I call you back, yeah, ok" he spoke and hung up his phone putting it away.

"That was Dr.Denman, she wants to meet up with me, and Reed" he looked at me then at Reed "you're not going to go, are you?" Cleo looked at Lewis in worry "yeah, I mean Cleo's right" I agreed to Reed "Cleo, I don't see why not, I mean, what have we got to lose" he looked over at Reed.

"You guys don't have a lot to lose, we have plenty" Rikki told Lewis "maybe if I talk to her, I can find out what she does know and what she doesn't" Reed shrugged, sitting down the salt bottle he was playing with.

"And maybe she'll play you guys like a cello" I looked between my two boys, as they gave me a blank stare.

Dr.Denman's POV
"Did you get the photos I emailed? Good this presents us with a problem" I spoke to Harrison over the phone scrolling through the photos of Zane and that mermaid Rikki.