Chapter 12: Scared Of Me

Chapter 11-15 were released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

------------------

Silas pov

I hear Valencia laughing in the halls. She must be back from spending the whole day with Jace. Thinking about it makes my stomach turn and my fist clench. She shouldn't be with him, she should have been with me.

I fucked up by telling her I already had plans. She saw everyone coming into my dorm, my only job was to invite her and I fucked up. She probably thinks we did it on purpose. "Yeah I had a lot more fun than I expected" I hear her tell him I make everyone shut up. I open the door enough to see what's going on.

"I'm glad maybe one of these days i'll take you somewhere better" Jace tells her his hand resting on her hip. A light blush comes to her face and she gives him a small smile. "It's not like I have plans i'm free"

"I'll take that into account love"

"Thank you for walking me to my dorm"

"Anytime love, have a good night enica" He places a kiss on her cheek walking away. Anger fills my body Orion shuts the door "you fucked up man you told her you had plans we told you to make sure she came. Can't get mad at her for finding other friends." I roll my eyes sitting on the couch thinking about it.

Valencia is the type of person who doesn't care to voice how she feels besides if it makes her cry. She holds that in until she's alone. I want her to know that she can come to me whenever she needs it. She makes me so nervous though, I don't know.

I don't like being around people I'm not comfortable with, not so much being around them and more talking to them. It's alway awkward and I never know what to say. I never had good communications skills. When Valencia came, speaking to her felt normal but nerve racking. I know what to say but it leaves my head when I see her.

Once everyone leaves I take out my contacts putting my glasses on. I go to Valencia's door knocking on it before I realize what I'm doing. Wait, why did I come here? Fuck fuck fuck it's too late to turn back. Maybe if I run and turn down the hall. No, she'll look at me like an idiot. Fuck i'm screwed please start digging my grave now.

"Yes Silas" Valencia says standing at the door, how long has she been there for? God I probably look like a fool. "The stars are out" I say the most random thing. My grave should be a little deeper than six feet thank you.

"What Silas, what's going on?"

"I just wanted to see how you were" Great now we're back to stuttering

"What do you really want, Silas?" She says, crossing her arms. She looks adorable when she's mad. "Silas if you don't answer i'm going to say good night and close the door" Her eyes are angry.

"I'm sorry" I say quickly and she looks at me weirdly. "I was supposed to tell you to come but I got scared. I'm sorry" Her face softens and she lets out a deep breath.

"There is no reason for you to be scared of me"

"You just.... Never mind"

"No tell me Silas" She grabs my arm looking at me with sincere eyes. I take my hand cupping her cheek. She looks up at me with parted lips, her eyes begging for more. I lean in and she closes her eyes but I just place a long kiss on her forehead. "Good night Petal"

She stands there shocked, her face a light pink. I force myself to go inside my room with my hand still on the nob. Her birthday is coming in a few days. I have to get her something I know she'll like. Hm I'd have to get it tomorrow just to make sure it's secure. I don't want to wait till the last minute and don't have anything for her.

I lay down looking out the window seeing the sky getting darker and darker. It's already well past midnight and all who captures my mind is Valencia. How can one person take all my thoughts and turn them into hers? Even while I'm reading my books I find myself comparing the chapters to her.

I hear a knock on my door. I get up going to the living room, opening the door. Valencia stands there wearing an oversized t-shirt and shorts. "I don't know what i'm doing here i'm sorry" She gets flustered trying to leave I take her hand stopping her she looks at me with tears in her eyes. "What's wrong petal?" her lips quivers

"Can you just hug me?"

I take her into my arms and she wraps her around me tightly burying her face in the crook of my neck. I see she's on her tippy toes. I walk us over to the couch where she can be more comfortable.

"I don't know what's wrong but I got you. No matter what I got you, you don't have to be strong all the time"

She nods, holding onto me tighter. My hand goes to her back rubbing it my goal to make her feel safe. "Thank you" She says sniffling back tears. I brush my thumb under her eyes collecting the tears that were being held back. "Do you want to talk about it?" She shakes her head no moving back into the hug.

I just hold her, her body trembling with sadness.

"I should go back to my dorm now" She says, still in my arms. "Thank you Silas I really needed that hug" Valencia sniffles back more tears.

"Anything at anytime for you petal"

---------------------

I love Silas

Q/A~ Fav character so far?

970 words

Don't forget to follow the authors instagram for exclusives

@authoryaniris

Until we meet again <3

~Yaniris0919 <3