Chapter 23: Embarrass Us

Chapter 21-27 were released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

------------------

Valencias pov

"Do not do anything to embarrass us Valencia" Mom says in a strict tone. I don't say anything but keep the cold expression on my face. The car comes to a stop dad is the first one out helping mom. Sante gets out after helping me.

"Don't worry about mom, she isn't in the right mindset" He says as we walk up the stairs. "It's great to know there she thinks I'm an embarrassment" Sante gives me a look of pity.

We stand in front of the doors and two guards open them allowing us to go inside. The room gets quiet as we walk in. Athena and Lucky sit at the front with their children and the grandkids they have.

I look at Alessio who smirks at me shaking his head. He sits with Ercole on his lap and Rosa at his side. Before he moved to New York we fucked a few times. It was nothing big it was a casual fuck.

He's only two years older than me. We'll have two years and a few months. I was 15 and he was 17 by the time he was 18. My 16th birthday was a few months away. He never forced me and always asked before he did anything. He also stood with me after just to make sure I was okay.

"I got accepted into law school," Sante says, showing me his phone with the acceptance letter. "Oh my god Sante this is huge. Now you can bail me out of even more trouble" I laugh hugging him.

"Do you think Eliseo would be proud of me?"

"He is proud of you Sante. Don't doubt it for a single second" He smiles as I grab the wine from the table serving myself some. I don't know how long we've been here but it's been too long. It's just people gossiping about the money they have.

They do that already. Why do they have to do it in fancy dresses? Mom always puts her best fake smile telling her so called friends how much progress we've made. If they want to know so bad why couldn' they check online?

"I want to go home and sleep, I'm bored" I complained for the 100th time today. Dad just shakes his head. "What mom's not going to be happy if I leave" She's not even paying attention to me right now.

"Valencia I've always told you to do what makes you happy. I'll deal with your mom just go be happy. Your young" Dad says I smile at him before looking at Valdik, Khons, Niovi, Emira and Orion. They all nod standing up with the biggest smirk on his face.

Khons holds Emira while their parents try to get them to go back. Niovis parents look defeated knowing they can't stop her. Orion's parents were always supportive in anything he did. Vadik holds his hand out for Larissa who gladly takes it smiling at him.

"You coming, lover boy?" I hold my hand out for Silas. He looks around the room, his grandmother scolding him. I look at Anna and Athena who raise their glass while drinking it. "Fuck it where we going petal" Silas takes my hand. We all rush out hearing our parents following behind us.

Khons pulls up and Orion opens the door to the back. Silas looks at his grandmother's angry face before getting in the car. Khons speeds off putting up the music. "Any regrets yet lover boy?" Silas smiles at me, placing a kiss on my lips.

"I never have with you"

I rest my head on his chest and he holds me closer to him. His phone starts ringing uncontrollably and he looks at it, shutting it off. "You can still answer the phone" He shakes his head no.

Khon drives to a spot by the water. We get out of the car sitting on the grass. I take my shoes off leaving them in the car holding my dress. "We're probably going to be in so much trouble," Orion says laughing.

"I don't care anymore. Life can't be black and white anymore we needed to add color to it" Silas says I lean into his arms and he holds me closer to him. "I'm glad your mom sent you here" He whispers to me putting a small kiss on my lips.

"I'm glad she sent me here too"

Silas pov

I carry Valencia in my arms. She fell asleep in the car and I don't want to wake her up. "Night fuckers" Vadik says going into his room with Larissa. I go inside mine and see Nonno waiting there.

"Go put her down we need to talk" I let out a deep breath nodding. I lay her on my bed pressing a kiss to her cheek. "Silas?" She half opens her eyes looking for me.

"I'm right here baby, do you need help changing?" She nods and I unzip the back of her dress putting it on a hanger. I put one of my shirts over her head along with one of her shorts. "Sleep love I'll be right back" she nods curling up in a ball.

I close the door sitting across from Nonno ready for him to yell at me. "You parents called" I feel my heart drop. I haven't spoken to them in 2 years and I haven't seen them in 5.

"What did they say?"

"They said they wanted to see you. They said they feel like you're going off the rails. They want to take over again and be a part of your life."

"No, I don't want to see them. They suddenly want to play the mommy daddy role after leaving me when I was 5. I won't see them"

"Silas, I know how you feel about them. I didn't raise your father to be this way. When we came home and saw you there alone with that note we didn't know what to do but we knew we were going to make sure you had everything you needed. I am not going to force you to see your parents. Your grandmother is mad at you though"

"Nonno for once I feel free"

"I know that's why I'm not yelling at you."

"When I wanted them they never came. Now that I'm finally happy I'm putting myself first, they want to take it from me. It's not fair"

"I know Silas. I'm sorry. Your grandmother is mad though so I have to take away all your off campus privileges. Don't worry she won't be mad too long, you'll get them back soon. I'll let you rest."

He stands up, closing the door behind him. I sigh, locking it. No way in hell would I want to see them. They can't just come in and out of my life when they choose. They are supposed to be parents but they were far from it. Now they want to play mommy and daddy?

They missed their chance.

I put all my clothes in the dirty clothes running my hands through my hair. I need to forget about it, I just need to hold Valencia. All my worries go away when I'm with her.

"Silas?" Valencia says sitting up I sigh looking at her.

"Baby you're supposed to be sleeping"

"I know but I sleep better when your here and you left the door halfway open so I heard I know it's going to be on your mind"

I sit next to her pulling her closer to my chest. It is going to be on my mind but it is what it is. "Your tired petal we need to sleep"

"Silas I'm serious"

"Fine, we'll talk about it in the morning." I press a kiss to her lips and she curls more into my side closing her eyes. I rub her back feeling her body relax more and more as she falls into a deeper sleep. I don't know how I'm supposed to sleep after hearing that.

I just hold Valencia tighter knowing she is the only person that makes me feel okay about being me.

---------------------

I just love making my books intertwined

Q/A~ Are you ready for betrayal?

1396 words

Don't forget to follow the authors instagram for exclusives

@authoryaniris

Until we meet again <3

~Yaniris0919 <3