37

The new weapon fit my hand perfectly like it was made for me.

I couldn't see the weapon clearly when I saw it in the memory inside the first-floor test chamber. All I saw was the woman throwing it, so I thought it must be a throwing star.

You know, the ones the ninjas like to use.

But up close, I saw that it looked more like a gear you would see in a clock.

It was a wheel twice the size of my hand, and it had a toothed rim. It was heavier than I expected, and I guessed that it was made of the same material as the Invitation. It had a strange color that changed depending on the angle of the light.

-Do you love it? Ooju is definitely my favorite weapon!

Gomi, in her weapon form in my hand, exclaimed proudly.

Ooju? Was that the name of this weapon?

"Yeah... I do," I replied in awe. Many emotions crossed my mind as I stared at it. I didn't bother trying to understand how Gomi managed to do this or else, my concentration was going to break and my slowly-deteriorating barrier along with it.

I asked hesitantly, "So... do I just throw... Ooju?... at them?"

I remembered the scene from the memory, but the details remained very vague. The woman threw this at the villain, and in mid-air, it split into many different parts and attacked the man at the same time. Of course, this weapon failed her miserably, and I began to wonder.

Was this because it was a weak weapon? Or was it because she was fighting against a supervillain?

[00:33:30]

Ding!

Fwoom!

Crack.

Many doubts filled me. Did I make the right decision with this weapon? Was I going to able to use it successfully? Will this be enough to save me?

But Gomi's confident voice drowned out the scratching and screeching of the sharp-teethed gnomes outside.

-Yes, you aim and put as much mana into it as you can before you throw it.

She seemed so knowledgeable about this weapon as she continued.

-You'll feel it take more of your power as it separates to release its minions, so don't be scared when it happens.

Minions?

I had so many questions about this weapon, but I knew better than to ask now. There was going to be plenty of time later for us to discuss if I survived this.

[00:29:40]

Ding!

Fwoom!

Crack.

The now-familiar sounds and the fact that my barrier was breaking down reminded me that I needed to do this very soon. A terrible fear gripped me, again foolishly imagining the little fuckers knawing at my bones.

-Leah.

Gomi could probably feel me tremble.

-You're going to be okay. I know you're scared, but you need to do this fast. Ooju is going to require a lot of your power, and this barrier is draining you fast.

"I got this," I told both Gomi and myself.

I knew that the moment I withdraw my barrier, the gnomes were going to literally rain down on me.

No raining men here, just raining ugly gnomes.

Yes, yes, I know. No time for jokes right now!

"Okay, I know what to do," I announced as I injected whatever mana I could spare into the barrier. I wanted to do the same thing I did with the fourth-floor troll when I threw him off my shield.

With all of my strength, I bulged my barrier outward.

"Ugh!" I groaned, trying my best to create as much force as possible.

Thump, thump, thump....!

I saw and felt the gnomes being thrown in the air as my barrier dissipated. Light suddenly appeared and blinded my eyes. Because there were so many of them, I wasn't able to push them as far as I wanted. But it was enough to give me a little bit of room.

At least I hoped it was enough.

The gnomes were disoriented but only for a moment. They rose one by one, and I was completely surrounded in seconds. Boy, there were so many of them, and they were grossing me out.

The monsters hissed at me. The gnomes had a little more intelligence than the ogre and the trolls, so they took a little time assessing the situation rather than charging at me blindly.

Before removing my barrier, I had already decided on which direction I was going to throw my weapon. I chose the area that had the most gnomes in order to destroy as many of them as possible.

I grasped Ooju harder before swinging my arm. I threw it as hard as I could toward the hoard. As Gomi in Ooju form left my hand, I heard her scream like a maniac.

-Die, die, die! Hehehe!

Splitting into countless pieces just like I remembered, Ooju shot out in all different directions with me in the center as I prayed for a massacre.