AIDEN'S REGRET

AIDEN'S POV:

I woke up with a severe headache. Damn... Why did I drink so much?

Rubbing my forehead, I looked around to realise that I was back in my parents home. How did I come here?

When I got out of the bed and started to walk, I stumbled and held the wall to balance myself. Am I so weak?

I stood still while holding my head which was aching.

The door opened revealing Zach.

"Look who woke up from their sleep, are you sober now?" Zach questioned while sipping his coffee.

"Get me a cup of coffee too" I grumbled and sat at the edge of the bed.

"Tsk tsk... After all you've done, you're still in the mood to drink coffee" Zach said and left the room. I remember how I was drunk and had a fight with my wife which pissed her off.

Soon Zach came back with a cup of coffee.

After drinking it, I felt better.

"I hope I can solve the issue between me and Iris soon" I said and kept the empty cup on the bedside table.

"Do you really think you can solve the mess you have created? I don't know man, if it was my wife she would have divorced me" he said and looked at me with sympathy.

"I know I fucked up, I can talk to her and solve it" I said remembering how I yelled at Iris and hit Isaac.

"Dude, that's not the worst part" he said and hit my shoulder.

Then Zach narrated how I called Iris by phone and told her how she was the worst woman I've slept with and how many women are still willing to sleep with me. Zach even told me how I called Iris a selfish liar.

Hearing all these, I felt my blood turn cold. God, what have I done?

"You even said that you have a soulmate out there who was born just for you who will not lie or hurt you unlike someone, you also said that you hope Iris might find her mate soon and not pester you" Zach said and after hearing all these I punched my wall in frustration. Fuck.

"What the hell Aiden?" He yelled and sat me down to bandage my wound.

I sat numbly while he disinfected and wrapped my wound.

When he finished, I took my mobile with trembling hands and dialled my wife's number. But the call didn't go through. I called many times but it was of no use.

"Damn" I said and threw my mobile against the wall. It hit the wall and fell down with a thud.

"Why didn't you stop me Zach? Why?" I asked and sat on the edge of the bed while holding my head.

"Dude I did try to stop you but you didn't listen, you can talk to your wife and tell her that you were drunk and apologize to her" Zach said and patted my shoulder. Yes he is right.

"Yes I will apologize to her and she'll forgive me" I said and started to walk towards the door but Zach stopped me.

"Don't go like this, freshen up and go" he said.

I nodded and went to my bathroom.

After a quick shower, I dressed up and drove to our home. But after searching the entire home, I didn't find her and noticed that most her things were missing.

Looking at the closet where most of her clothes were missing, I panicked.

I ran to Isaac's home and knocked hoping Iris would open the door. I hope she is here.

But I was bound to be disappointed, after knocking for sometime I realised that there was no one at home.

Cursing I ran to my car and drove to Knights corporation. All the way I was cursing myself for drinking and fighting my wife.

Entering the building, I went to her floor.

But when I looked into her room, she was not there. Damn.

I went to the top floor and entered Isaac's room only to see him going through some files.

"Well, well if it isn't the husband of the year" Isaac mocked without looking up from the files. How did he know that it was me?

"Where is Iris?" I asked directly not in the mood to bicker with him.

"She left" Isaac said casually.

"What do you mean she left? Where did she go?" I asked and hit the table hard. Gosh... Why did I drink?

"She is none of your business anymore" Isaac said and threw a document towards me.

When I didn't take it, Isaac spoke.

"Take it, this is the gift Amour has left for you for the things you've done" he said.

I didn't want to take the document, I have a bad feeling about it.

But in the end with shaky hands I took the file and opened it.

When I saw the content of the file, I wanted to throw it away or burn it. It was divorce papers.

I threw the file on the table and took a deep breath. It was my mistake, I can't blame anyone.

"What the hell is this? It was just a fight and a drunken call, I admit that I was wrong. But divorce is too much. And we can't divorce within a year of marriage. I don't accept divorce" I said an gulped down the water which was on the table.

After drinking it, I sat down and looked at Isaac. Now only he can convince Iris.

"Look, I know I fucked up, yesterday I was drunk,when I called Iris. I didn't even remember until Zach reminded me, I am really sorry and I want to make it up to her, so please tell me where she is" I pleaded.

"You were wrong but you still don't know this I think" Isaac said and switched on the television.

I looked at him switching channel until he turned on a channel where a women was interviewing Clara, who was my fling. On the side they were showing my intimate pictures with her.

My jaw clenched and my hands shook.

"It's been on television the whole day, just think how your wife would have felt" Isaac reminded.

Clara was going on and on about how she loved me and how I used her but now she found her true love.

Her every word made me angry. But I was panicking too.

"Now you know the reason for Iris giving you divorce, sign it, I'll handle the rest" Isaac said and pushed the file towards me.

"I wanted to talk to her once, I want to explain to her, please" I pleaded

After looking at me for a few minutes, Isaac threw his mobile which I catched and dialled her number.

She picked the call very soon unlike my call which didn't get connected. Guess, she blocked me.

"Isaac, why are you calling me now? I am about to board the flight" Iris snapped.

"Baby, it's me. I am sorry for everything. Please just let me explain" I begged her.

"I got the explanation I needed from you and your ex-lover. I hope I won't disturb your joyful life anymore, Goodbye Aiden" Iris said and hung up.

I hurriedly dialled her number again but her mobile was switched off

I stood frozen realising someone very important to me has left because of my past and drunk mistake.

I am really sorry my love.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
8 Chapters left...
Vote.
Comment.
Share.
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜