FAMILY OF FOUR

AIDEN'S POV:

After I placed Asher on the bed, my wife left.

I was looking at my adorable son when I heard some noise and a groan. What was that sound?

When I followed the sound, I entered the laundry room where a tiny fellow was half into the machine with his legs dangling. Must be Isaiah... Such a naughty boy unlike my cute and obedient son Asher.

I pulled him out of the machine and made him stand.

After looking at each other, we both stared at each other in surprise and shock. What the fuck? He looks exactly like Asher. If I didn't see Asher sleeping there now, I would have thought it was him.

The little boy looked at me curiously while chewing his hand.

"Iris" I yelled to which the boy giggled.

"He... He... bedroom Asher" I stuttered when she entered the laundry room.

"Aiden meet Ashton Ivan Adams your son and Asher's twin" Iris introduced him.

"Iris Knight, I am going to get a heart attack because of you" I yelled.

"Look, Ashton finally daddy is here go hug him" she said sheepishly and pushed Ashton towards me but he turned around and hugged her legs and tried to climb on her.

She lifted him up and looked at me.

"Is there another kid of mine whom you are hiding?" I asked wearily while looking at Ashton.

"No, we only have twins Asher and Ashton" she said and rolled her eyes. I have two sons!!!

I looked at Ashton and extended my hands to carry him, but he refused to come and held Iris neck tightly.

"He is shy, he'll be fine when he gets used to you" she said and walked out of the room and I followed her.

She sat on a sofa and placed him in front of her.

"I've told you many times not to go into the washing machine, what if you get stuck in there? If you do it again, mummy will spank you" she threatened him to which Ashton giggled and hugged her.

"Naughty boy" she said and hugged him.

"I missed their birth and growth" I said feeling sad.

"Come with me" she and pulled me to a room while carrying Ashton.

As soon as we entered the room, I was stunned. The whole room was filled with the twins pictures.

I looked at it one by one not wanting to miss a single moment which was captured.

While I was looking, Iris called me over.

I looked at her to see her turning on the projector.

"Look at this first" she said and pushed me to sit in front of the projector.

The video started with the display of the twins name. Asher Isaac Adams & Ashton Ivan Adams.

Then the video showed a sweaty and grunting Iris in a hospital gown. Just looking at her, I realise that she must have been in severe pain.

Amidst of her yelling and grunting because of the pain, a child's cry could be heard. Iris slumped on the bed, and the video shifted to a nurse who was holding a crying wrinkly bloodied baby. I teared up looking at my son.

Soon the nurse moved away, while Iris again started to yell and cry in pain.

Then after a lot of struggle, a baby was shown on the video who was quite. The doctor patted his butt and rubbed him but he didn't cry. I don't know a lot but I knew a newborn should cry.

After a lot of coaxing, the boy cried loudly once and quietened.

"That's Ashton who was too lazy to cry, scaring us" Iris said and when I turned to look at her she was patting Ashton's back who was sleeping in her arms.

"You must have suffered a lot" I said and continued to watch the video where Isaac, Iris, Ashley and even people I don't recognise carried my sons. I miss not being there for them.

Then the video continued of them slowly growing up. There was even a 100th day celebration in Korean style. May be Iris must have been a Korean in her previous life.

After around two hours, the video came to an end. I turned around and found that Iris was missing.

I left and went to the bedroom to see Iris sleeping on the bed while Ashton and Asher was sitting on the floor with a lot of toys around them.

But they were both holding a toy and fighting for it.

When one of the boy got hold of it, the other fell backwards on the floor and started crying. Thank God the floor had a thick carpet.

I moved towards them, but Iris woke up because of the cry.

She lifted up the crying fellow and consoled him.

I looked at the toy which was the reason for their fight and found a similar looking one, lying faraway from them.

I picked it up and showed it to the crying fellow who was lying on my wife's shoulder.

He looked at it but refused to take it. Instead he turned around and pointed at the same toy which was in his twins hand.

"No matter how many similar toys we buy, they'll fight for the same toy" Iris said amused. Why can't they play with two similar toys?

"How do you differentiate between them when they are so much alike" I asked awkwardly. Gosh I can't even tell them apart.

"Ashton has a tiny mole near his eyebrows, if you look closely you could find it. Though they look similar they are different. Asher can talk a few words and walk well but Ashton here is a lazy fellow, if he could lie down he wouldn't sit up, if he could sit, he won't walk and he has yet to speak his first word and Ashton is naughty while Asher is quite compared to him, soon you'll be able to differentiate between them just by their noise" she said and placed Ashton who fell asleep on the bed. I felt emotional looking at these three people.

"Iris, let's not fight anymore. If there is a misunderstanding or issue we'll talk it through" I said and hugged her from behind.

"Alright, let's not fight anymore" she said and turned around to hug me.

All of a sudden I felt a tiny push on my leg. I looked down to see my son trying to seperate us.

I looked at Iris and laughed along with her. My family. Family of four.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
4 Chapters left...
Vote.
Comment.
Share.
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜