Chapter 17.

Song:- Abhi mujh mai kahi.

**************************

Third POV.

He was standing outside her door for the past 30 minutes, but his hands lost the strength to knock on the door. He is a powerful man but today his power is gone. He came here to confront her and demand his child, but the truth his sister told him was something he was not expecting, will she believe him if he says that he just want to look at his daughter once...

Will she allow him?

A few hours ago he was ready to claim what was rightfully his, but now is he worthy to call them his.

He again raise his hand to knock and with some strength knocked.

"You can ring the bell you know"

He swiftly turned after listening to the voice.

His brow frowned looking at the aged woman before him, she was carrying a basket with a lot of stuff. He was looking at her with a frown on his face, not able to understand the reason for the odd hour visit of a woman.

"Excuse me..." he said in his rough drunk voice.

"Visiting a stranger's home at this odd hour is not a good young man," she said disapprovingly.

She steps up the stairs and rang the bell pushing Vansh aside. She looked at him in distaste.

Well, the feeling was mutual.

"Now may I ask why are you at my doorstep..." she asked sternly and turn to him fully.

Does this house belong to this lady?

But, his detective has given him this address only...

"Listen lady..." he was about to give her piece of mind when the door opened. He was standing by the side wall so he was not visible to the person but he could easily see her...

Wearing a white cotton pajama and a silk shawl draped around her shoulder she looked like an angel who just came down from heaven.

Her flawless skin was bare of any makeup or artificial thing. Just like always, she never needed makeup to look breathtaking, her innocence was her beauty.

"Aunty...why are you standing out in cold...come inside" her sweet voice soothe his burning heart.

He clenches his fist stopping himself from coming out in the light and taking her into his dark life...only she has the power to lighten up his dark world.

"Ahh...Angel, I am not alone...this young man..." she turned to point out to the man standing with her but found none.

Pratiksha came out a little, her eyes followed to where Ela was pointing but no one was there. She again looked at Ela who look shocked after finding no one there.

"But he was just here..." she whisper to no one in particular.

Pratiksha shook her head and pulls the confused woman inside.

Vansh walked toward the window and found the curtains opened, taking a calming steady breath he stood in the dark side of her house shed looking inside, it was a cozy house but the feeling of the home there.

He saw a solitude walking inside the room and hold his breath, what if it was her?

Then he saw tiny feet running.

There she was, the little life...

She was the symbol of her mother's struggle, strength, and bravery.

His breath stopped looking at the little human and unknowingly his feet took him to the window, it was still the dark but dim light of the living room that had brightened the area around the window. She was standing by the window and talking to her stuffed toy.

Showing the outside world with her tiny finger.

He saw the most innocent and angelic life of his whole existence mother's soft feature was just like her mother, but her eyes...

They were as same as his...

She was as pure as the first drop of rain... an innocent the first ray of sunshine. She looks like a white untouched canvas.

Her pure innocence has protected her from the contamination of this selfish world. Her laugh was like a silver lining to the dull grey cloud, she is the ray of hope after a night.

A sudden possessiveness surrounded him. He can't let her innocence come out in front of the world because a few years back someone's pure innocence was tainted by a monster.

Him.

No...

He won't let someone like him near his daughter. She is his to protect.

His daughter.

A smile that he forgot after her mother's disappearance came automatically on his face when her gaze stopped on him.

Her smile for a second disappeared looking at an unknown face, but his smile didn't waver.

And then she smiled again...her small palm came in contact with the glass wall before him and very slowly he put his trembling palm on her, she looked at his giant palm in wonder, her eyes were twinkling with amusement looking at something so huge.

His eyes were moist looking at her and a lone tear fell from his eyes, He want to hold that tiny palm desperately like it is the last hope of his life.

Maybe it was...

***************************************

Hey Guys,

Here you go...new chapter. Late I know but I have other commitments.

No promise for next update date.

Thank you,

Author.