William Vangeance × Reader : Mystery

Genre : fluff

Genre : fluff.

Trigger warning : mention of blood, and injury.

Summary : William gets back from a mission injured, but nobody notices it until he collapses.

Events : before the elf invasion.

Words count : 1,270

. . . 🌳 . . .

"Thank you." You say to one of the Golden Dawn squad members as you sit down on the chair in the waiting room.

You have an important message to deliver to the captain of the Golden Dawn and it could only be done personally.

Unfortunately, upon your arrival, you learn that the captain along with his vice captain and other members of the squad have left for a mission, requested personally by the wizard king himself.

So, you have no choice but to wait for the captain and his team to return. Being a member of the Black Bulls, you sort of feel out of place in this gorgeous, vast place. Therefore, the loneliness isn't something unappreciated while you sit in the quiet room.

While waiting, your mind hops in a train of thoughts and goes into a ride towards a specific person that always fascinates you.

His mysterious presence always left you in question for the true nature of the masked captain. Sometimes, you even suspect him of being something utterly hideous.

But you always brush the thought away, reminding yourself that you don't know the guy personally, so you have no right to judge based on formal acquaintance.

"Captain Vangeance and his team are back. Give him 5 minutes and he will be at your disposal." A member of the Golden Dawn informs you. You give him a nod of gratitude and understanding before he departures.

You wait for 5 more minutes, drumming your fingers on the table beside. Yet, the supposed 5 minutes stretch longer until it hits what you assum 10 minutes.

"Well, this isn't fun at all." You say as you get up to walk to the window, feeling a bit annoyed that you have to wait for a total of 30 minutes.

"I apologise for the long wait." A soothing, tired voice cuts through your ears and makes way into your mind.

You quickly turn around to see the captain of Golden Dawn standing by the doorway. His figure slim and his face covered by the mask. The latter covered slightly with touches of blood that seem to be scrambled in a rush.

You could have swore that the mighty captain was leaning a bit too heavily on the doorframe.

"No need, captain. It wasn't much of a problem." You reassure him as he finally takes a few steps into the room before closing the door behind him. You let out a mental sigh of relief when you see that the captain seems to be unharmed.