William Vangeance × Reader : Sacred Care

Genre : Angst to fluff.

Summary : Attending a royal party that was supposed to be peaceful, you and William did not expect to encounter an unlikely attendee.

Word count : 2820.

Trigger warning : slight mention of injury.

. . . 🌼 . . .

It was not out of the ordinary to receive invitations from royals to attend masquerades and parties in their honor.

In fact, the King himself would host more parties a month than the entire noble caste combined.

Whatever the reason was never a concern to William or myself; henceforth why we did not overthink the newest invitation we obtained from the Royal House for a 'Glorious Clover Kingdom' party.

I was already aware of the various reasons why high society residents accepted the offer; due to the event gathering influencal personalities, nobles would fiercely snatch the precious opportunity to strengthen their bonds with said personalities for further prosperous benefits.

Through friendship or arranged marriages, nothing would deter them from assimilating themselves within people of divine power, by all means.

"(Y/n), are you ready, my love?" But none of those thoughts concerned me enough, for I only agreed to attend for fun time with William and free food.

"In a minute!" I called back as I finished the final touches of my hair and makeup. The decoration and dress reminded me of the first time I attended a ball with William. Nervousness and excitement melted into one new emotion and the thin line that separated the two became a blurry fog.

The captain, however, was tentative and understanding, and his support had successfully brought my nerves from skyrocketing through quick kisses and tight holds.

Smiling at the memory, I skipped stairs to the gate of the Golden Dawn headquarters where its leader awaited my arrival. Thankfully, his mask was in his hand, which allowed me to admire the golden suit he wore that glowed his presence and showed him in his finest looks.

At the sight, my breath caught in my throat and a creeping sensation burned its way to my face. For a moment, I wished time could freeze to grant me a lifetime to appreciate the man I had the chance of calling mine.

In the pleasant surprise that stunned my being, I could swear the same thoughts in my mind were mirrored through the expression of his face.

"You are breath-taking." Figuratively and literally, I wanted to add, but I had barely managed to utter the former above a whisper. Fearing he had not heard me, I intended to clear my throat for a louder voice when his answer came, "you must be talking about yourself, dearest."

A fuzzy feeling warmed my heart at the reply, and my mind began to echo with promises of passion and care for the Golden Captain. No matter how many lifetimes had elapsed, his charm never ceased to do wonders to my soul, and I could only wish I still had the same for him.

A suppressed giggle escaped my lips and developed into a chuckle as I finished descending the last steps to stand before him. The smile on his face could only radiate warmth and kindness, but his eyes were an endless stream of a variety of emotions; in the front were impassioned love and immense joy.