Julius Novachrono × Reader : Alive

Genre : Angst to fluff

Trigger warning : mention of injuries - strong language - potential death.

Summary : After the fight with the leader of the Eye Of The Midnight Sun, the magic emperor goes missing and many assume he is dead. All except for you.

Words count : 1,880

. . . 🕟 . . .

Everything is in chaos.

You learn that the wizard king has fought the leader of the Eye Of The Midnight Sun, but you refuse to believe the outcome of the battle. And the sudden disappearance of the man doesn't help calm your nerves.

You decide to go to the only person who might know where Julius is. You race through the stairs to go to the upper level where Julius's office is located. But your trip is short when you come face to face with the face you are seeking to see.

"Marx-" You cut yourself off when you notice the humongous mana erupting from the nobleman. A strange yellow aura surrounding him. Besides the advise-man stands Dr. Owen who shares the same aura and mana amount with Marx.

"Oh. First human." Marx says with an expression of disgust aimed at you. Dr. Owen agrees with him, "Let's get rid of her before we join Licht." You gasp at their words and use your magic in an attempt to block their attack, but your magic is no match to theirs.

You barely manage to defend yourself, but it took a huge portion of your magic, leaving you defendless against their next assault. "Go to hell, filthy human." Dr. Owen- The elf says with an indifferent face.

"Dark magic : Black Hole." You stare wide-eyed at the captain of the Black Bulls using his defense spell against the elves' magic, which does efficiently well at absorbing them.

"It takes some real balls to attack the wizard king's lover." Yami jokes with a smirk on his face. But you could see the tension on his jaw and hesitation in his eyes.

"How dare you, human?!" The elf who possesses Marx yells in frustration.

"We have to go." Yami takes you by the waist and jumps out the window and up to the roof, where you are met with a figure laying on the ground, bleeding.

"Julius!!" You scream and run towards your lover's body, tripping on the way.

"Hey there, princess." Julius's voice comes out faint and weak, but his smile never fades.

"You are going to be okay! I'll use my magic to heal you!" Without hesitation, you use your healing ability to try and at least seal the wound that cried out blood.

"I-It's not-" Your hands shake as you notice that the spell you're using is not effective at all. "Y-You're going to be fine! We'll just find another healer and you'll be up on your feet again!" You try to reassure him, or more yourself.