Conrad Leto × Reader : Back From the Dead

Genre : Angst.

Summary : You thought you would never see him again, but after ten years, Conrad is free from his seal.

Word count : 631 word.

CONTAINS SPOILERS OF THE MOVIE. Please proceed with caution.

It had been ten years.

Ten whole years since he left this Earth. And it happens that today marks the 10th anniversary of his departure.

You sat, in disguise, among the commoners who were too caught up in their enthusiasm for the tournament ahead of them to look properly into your dark hood.

You met him when you were both working in Grey Deers. The fuzzy feeling that overwhelmed your heart every time you talk to him; the butterflies that roamed your stomach every time he casted his cheerful smile; the blood that rushed into your face every time he complimented you.

You knew he held a special spot in your heart, but it was too late when you realized that you held a great level of passion for the man.

But when you knew he was to be married to another woman, your heart shattered with every shade of hope to be with him.

And when he was swimming too deep in darkness from which his quest of revenge and change emerged, you were there to attempt and pull him out of it.

Then, even when he was sealed by Julius, your guilt and sorrow remained imprisoned in your mind and heart.

It had been 10 whole years, and you had moved on, or so you thought.

Just as the duel between the two youngsters from Golden Dawn and Black Bulls was about to start, a dark, squared shield engulfed the arena and blocked sunlight from cascading through.

You were taken aback by the strong, familiar mana. A familiarity that you had missed dearly and thought would never feel again.

How could it be?

As he revealed himself along side the other former Wizard Kings and Queen, your eyes were fixated on him in a blank surprise.

In a flash, every inch of the arena was left destroyed. And in a matter of seconds, he stood before you proudly, like the pillar who held the Grey Deers together.

"(Y/n)." Your name left his lips like a sacred promise. A sound you convinced yourself you'll never be able to hear in your life once more.

You knew you should flee.

You knew you should fight him.

You knew he was a villain.

"Conrad." But you breathed his name in a quiet whisper of frozen disbelief. You noticed his eyes widen a fraction. Conrad's palm moved up in a motion to cup your cheek, but his action stopped mid-way and he disappeared in a blink of an eye because of an anti-magic attack aimed at him.

You covered your face with your wrists in front of you; small shacks of debris sliced your skin. But as a large piece of debris was about to crash you from above, an arm circulated around your waist and pulled you into a warm body.

Then you were floating.

Conrad didn't say anything, he purposely avoided looking into your eyes. But your intense gaze prompted an instinctive response from him and he finally cast his eyes towards you.

It had not been more than a second, but you could see a wave of emotions fluctuate in the ocean of his orbs. Hidden deep within that ocean was a foreign look that captivated your attention. A glimpse of the old Conrad you fell for.

But it was washed over by loss and chagrin.

The palm that was resting on his chest caught his coat in a tight grasp; a clear statement that you were not going to let go of him. Because at that brief moment where he showed vulnerability, you made it your mission to stop him.

Not by fists and spells.

But hopefully by renewed passion and hope.

A difficult mission it was, but you were not going to give up on him ever again.

. . . 🌼 . . .

Hey guys!

I hope you're all doing well. Thank you so much for the support lately, I really appreciate it!

If you have enjoyed your time reading this chapter, please do leave a vote and a comment.

Stay safe and lots of love!