Licht × Reader : Elven-Human Queen

Requested by AriesEvania. Thank you for this lovely request!

Genre : Fluff, tiny bit of angst.

Summary : You are a human who has been friends with the elves for a long time. But as time goes, you find yourself catching feeling for a certain elven leader.

Word count : 1360.

Thank you all for the 1K votes on this book, I genuinely appreciate it. Love you all <3

. . . 🌼 . . .

It was no secret that you were immensely found of the elves.

Being a close friend of Lumiere and Tetia, you had frequent interaction with the elves and their leader.

There was something in the leader that drawn you to him; maybe it was his unwavering leadership, his charming charisma, or his façade that radiated promises of peace and protection.

Hence, it was not a surprise when you found yourself in love.

You were clueless about Licht's true feelings towards you. Sure, he was nice and gentle to you, but as he was to everyone else.

That was just in his nature.

Tetia never ceased to tease you about your feelings towards the elven leader, to the point that she urged you to confess to him.

"I thought you also liked him." You wondered one day. She just smiled reassuringly at you and said, "he is a great friend, and I think it is obvious he is far more interested in you."

Later that day, you were on your way to fetch Licht when you spotted him with Rhya. The two seemed to be too engrossed in the conversation they were having to notice your presence.

"No, Rhya. I can't." Licht shook his head. Had his face been turned to you, you would have been able to spot the blush that crept up his cheeks.

"You will die a lonely man then, Licht." Rhya responded in a teasing manner before a loud chuckle erupted from his mouth when he noticed something in Licht's face that you couldn't.

You were curious to what or whom they were discussing, but you stood your ground and allowed them to finish their discussion before making your presence known.

"Oh, hey there, (Y/n)!" Rhya waved at you lazily, a smile permanent on his features.

Licht, on the other hand, slightly jumped at the sound of your name. He was not ready to face you, not after all the teasing and pushing he endured from his friend.

"Hello, (Y/n)," he still greeted you through a warm, nervous smile. You returned the gesture before looking away. There was an awkward silence for mere seconds before it got interrupted by Rhya's yawn.

"Your shyness makes me sleepy. I will take my leave now." The man announced and began taking his departure.

You watched him leave until he raised an arm and, without turning back, adressed Licht, "Make sure to tell her before she slips away from you, Leader."

At that an angry blush erupted on Licht's face as you heard Rhya's laughter roar with his footsteps. You look inquisitively at the leader, but he avoided your eyes as he mumbled to you, "Do not mind him."