Zenon Zogratis × Reader : Mine

Prompt : You have been spared by the trio for some reason, but one day, you will understand who and why

Word account : 1121.

Warnings : slight spoilers, mentions of death, mention of blood.

.  .  .  🖤  .  .  .

There was no doubt that The Zogratis were known for their ruthlessness, their cold-blood, and their immense, malicious mana.

When you encouter them, death is your only choice and only escape.

Yet, what I got from one of the Zogratis was definitely the opposite of what was mentioned before.

Out of all the population that used to reside in the Spade Kingdom and got annihilated, I had been spared by the trio for an unknown reason.

Or maybe I knew the reason, but decided to turn a blind eye towards it. After all, I had been there when I witnessed him die.

I daren't speak about it to a soul, for I feared to trigger the monster I had seen that day.

However, I was quite surprised to why I was still alive with such knowledge. I was pretty sure if it had been anyone else, Zenon would have killed them on the spot. Maybe he just liked to torture me psychologically.

I was stripped off of my freedom when the siblings took over the castle. It was a life or death choice anyway: Either forbidden to leave the building till God knows when, or meet the same fate as the rest of the former residents.

My magic was a powerful type when used properly. However, I had never gone in a mission ever again since the revolution happened.

Despite how long it has been since they had taken over, I still tried to avoid the siblings equally. Dante for his continuous seduces, Vanica because of her unexpected moods swings, and Zenon because of his mysterious presence.

Yet, one day, Dante's seductive behaviour came into a stop, and Vanica's attempts to kill me dropped significantly.

"(Y/nnnn~)" whined Vanica in my ears. I had never taken a liking to the woman next to me for her creepy behaviour, but I had no choice but to comply and act as her 'friend'.

"Yes, Vanica-sama?" I answered with a forced smile.

"I told you to call me Vanica." Her eyebrows furrowed at me.

"Forgive me, Vanica." I tried to cast a friendly smile, which she seemed fortunately satisfied with.

"I am bored." She stretched the last word as her head hung behind the couch. I sat there, frantically searching for an answer.

"Didn't Dante-sama say there will be a grand mission soon?" I asked.

"He did, but that's gonna be a week from now." She responded with a pout. Silence hung in the air for a few heartbeats.

Suddenly, she sat straight and looked at me with a grin full of sin and malice.

"I have an idea! Let's go out and have fun together! I made a new friend named Noelle, you remember? I thought we'd have fun if we both kill her instead!"

I was stunned. I tried to keep my hands steady and the smile remaining on my face. I knew better than to decline her request.

"I would love to, but I don't think Dante-sama or Zenon-sama would agree to me leaving the castle."

"That's alright! We can come back before any of them notice."

"I don't think going against Dante-sama's orders is a good idea. I think if we stay patient, then we can go out together." I tried to reason with her.

A few moments of deadly silence pass, the sweat rolling down my temple. My heart beat with bursts of heavy fear.

"Oh. I see. I think you are right." She finally said. A servant came in with a tray of wine and fruits.

"Thank you." Vanica said with an eyes-closed smile, before blood splashed on her face. I gasped as I saw the dead body drop on the floor.

I was doomed.

There was no escape.

And no one to save me.

"Vanica, stop killing the servants. We are running short of those." A deep, dangerously calm voice interrupted.

"I just got extremely bored." Vanica answered indifferently, shrugging at him. She snapped her fingers.

Two servants ran into the room and drugged the lifeless corpse away, while another appeared next to Vanica and started wiping her face from blood.

Icy blue eyes sent daggers to the woman who sipped her wine, then they softened as they landed on my (e/c) ones.

"Come." He simply said before he left the room. I was shocked for a moment, realising that if it weren't for the servant who had come with the wine, that lifeless body would have belonged to me.

I quickly regained my senses when I saw Zenon's figure reach the huge door. I turned towards Vanica and bowed slightly, saying, "Excuse me." then left the room.

Staring at the man in front of me, I could not help but marvel his physique. The lines of his broad shoulders picked from his shirt, and his sure steps echoed glory, power, and control. He was death itself, yet protection at the same time.

I was too engrossed in my thoughts that I failed to notice Zenon coming into a halt, almost running into him.

A few moments of complete silence passed, even gulping sounded louder than it should.

"You have one question to ask." Zenon suddenly said. It was the first time I'd be allowed such freedom. Yet, I had to be careful with my words.

So, I lowered my eyes to the ground and jumped into the ocean I call a mind.

I contemplated the reason why I was still around unlike the rest. The reason why I was fed properly unlike the rest. The reason why I was dressed elegantly unlike the rest.

It seemed unfair that I was still breathing.

"Why am I still alive?" I finally asked. I was exhausted from the weight of that guilt that never seemed to wash itself with time.

Maybe this was the first time I'd get to claim my freedom back. I spotted from the corners of my eyes a shadow coming close. I closed my eyes when they stopped in front me, ready to take the final blow that would rob me my life.

"You are mine."

A gasp recklessly left my lips as I was taken aback by what I just heard. I lifted my head up to lock eyes with the man before me. His orbs reflected nothing but cold winter, yet there was a sparkle of warmth in them; so little it was almost unnoticeable. He lifted his hand and pushed the stray hair behind my ear.

Before I could utter a sound, Zenon turned around and continued his path. His sure footsteps seemed more certain than ever before.

I had been spared by the trio for an unknown reason. Or maybe I knew the reason, but decided to let it unreveal itself to me.

.  .  .  🖤  .  .  .

I hope you have enjoyed this oneshot. Please do vote and leave a comment if you have.

Stay safe and lots of love!