Nacht Faust × Reader : His New Family

Genre : Angst/Fluff.

Summary : When you come back home from work, you discover that your daughter has been kidnapped.

Trigger warnings : mentions of blood. Mentions of violence. Mention of death. Mention of kidnapping.

Word count : 2,653.

. . . 🖤 . . .

Being a magic knight had its own advantages and disadvantages. You occupied a prestigious, yet dangerous job.

Being a member of the Golden Dawn, the prestige doubled, if not tripled. Your achievements and success had reached the whole kingdom's ears. So, it wasn't quite the surprise when civilians recognised you as if they had just seen a captain walk by.

Your husband, on the other hand, was the complete opposite. While you were the sunray that shone everyone's life, he was the darkness's companion; he prefered to stay in the shadows and observe from afar. Your relationship, nonetheless, fruited in a daughter, (d/n).

It was not an easy task to get into a relationship with Nacht because you had to literally peel the upfront mask he put in front of everyone else. It was a journey of built up trust, comfort, and finally love. Even after countless attempts to push you away, Nacht found himself looping back to you; and that was when he realized that he could not survive without you.

Unfortunately, your well-known reputation brought its hardships with it, and one of them were enemies.

You sighed as you entered the small house you shared with your husband and daughter. You had just finished a long day of work as a first class senior magic knight; you had to go in a mission from dawn till dusk, and then write a detailed report about your expedition at your office before you were dismissed to go home at midnight.

Normally, when you go back home, you usually find (d/n) asleep in her bed and the nanny beside her as she awaits for your return. Thanks to magic, the nanny would often leave soft melodies singing around the house with faint lights on. However, tonight was different.

The house was deadly quiet. A strange aura loomed over it and made it seem a hundred years wearier; darkness engulfed its perimeters and an odd smell drenched its air; the furniture was thrashed and destroyed.

You pulled out your grimoire in alarm. Your house wasn't located in the capital or its outskirts. In fact, it was the closest to the Black Bulls' hideout since your husband was their vice captain. Despite his disapproval of them, Nacht wanted to keep you and your daughter safe and he knew they would be the best option for you. On top of that, it was a great location to stay somehow hidden from the world and enjoy some time as ordinary people.

In spite of the sheer panic that threatened to make your legs wobble and palms sweat, you had to keep a stoic face and composed posture in order to handle the situation professionally. Your biggest concern was not why your house was a target to intrude, but where (d/n) was.

You had to keep your lips sealed so as to restrain yourself from making any noise. You feared that the slightest sound would alert whoever lurked in the depths of the house. You cautiously climbed the stairs as you kept an eye on the head of them.

The short corridor was empty as you made your way to (d/n)'s room. The only noise you could hear were the crickets in the grass and heavy breathing inside (d/n)'s room.

A single peek was all that took to have you bolt inside the room. Once again, you had to force yourself to avoid dwelling on the disheveled furniture; in lieu, your eyes immediately landed on the nanny that seemed to be struggling to breathe.