Leopold Vermillion × Reader : Cupid's Arrows

Requested by @daniii_hehe thank you so much for requesting!

Genre : Fluff

Summary : Leopold is such a clingy best friend that when, one day, he stops being so, you can't help but worry about him.

Word count : 1648

All Characters are aged in this fanfic.

.  .  .  🔥  .  .  .

You'd always found honor in serving the kingdom under the magic knights' wing.

Specifically, the Crimson Lions.

You were 15 when you first joined through selection, and not in a thousand years did you expect a strong friendship to flourish between you and your captain's younger brother.

What started as formal greetings and small talks about the magic knights' duties, turned into stretched hours of walks and discussions that reached wee hours of the night.

3 years had passed since then, and once you and Leopold hit your gateway to adult age, your bond blossomed into something beyond. Both of you could practically sense the presence of Cupid with his arrows ready to shoot at any moment.

At least, that was what Leopold thought on his part.

He would surprise you with sudden hugs from the back in which he would wrap is arms around your waist and pull you closer to him; sometimes such action was accompanied with a kiss to the cheek.

Other times, specifically after long, dangerous missions where Leopold found himself pacing in the front hall as he waited for your return, his hugs were tighter, safer, and more secure. You would always hug him back and whisper, "I'm back." to his ear.

When you both find yourselves hanging out in your free time, Leopold would always have his hand on some part of your body, whether it was your hand, shoulder, arm, or thigh.

Of course, he would never exceed your boundaries and the most he would do was to have his thumb gently caress your skin as he listened to you, nothing more.

And as long as you did not object to his touch, he was fine with it.

The intimacy was so familiar that it surprised you when it stopped one day.

It was a cloudy week when you and Leopold hung around after breakfast like you always did before you started your daily, morning training.

While he would usually leave almost no space between you two during your walks, sometimes even holding your hand or pinky digit, Leopold walked with you in the farthest distance you'd ever seen him adopt while with you.

It striked you as strange and out of character for him. Not only that, but his responses that were usually delivered with contagious enthusiasm and joy were short and dull.

"Is something the matter, Leopold?" You asked, concerned. You did not fail to notice the way his body stiffened and his tone went rigid after a brief pause, "yes."

His short answer did not aid you in your quest to understand what was wrong, so you did not buy it the slightest, "are you sure? You seem off."

"Yes, (Y/n). I'm fine... I just... need some time alone to think." He stated, and without giving you a chance to respond or ask further questions, he left.