Nozel Silva × Reader : Masquerade

Inspired from Tekanime' s request (Nozel × Reader : Tease).

Genre : Fluff

Summary : Attending a masquerade, you did not expect a certain fellow captain to feel strongly towards you.

Word count : 1356.

. . . 🌼 . . .

Mystery.

A word that single-handedly ignited a flare of curiousity and excitement inside me.

No matter the size or seriousness, any situation that lurked in the realm of the unknown easily attracted every fiber of my nerves.

Yet, when ambiguity shrouds an individual rather than inanimate matters, the fun only intensifies.

Which was the reason why a certain fellow captain caught my immediate attention from our very first meeting. He was not particularly mysterious, but I could feel that he had deliberately chosen to remain as such.

However, I would never interfere in such matters without permission, lest years of friendship crumbled to powder; nonetheless, it did not refrain my continuous teasing.

Then one day, a masquerade had been announced for all captains to attend; the host, obviously, was King Kira.

"You will have fun as you train your senses to better recognize undercovered spies." Julius had clearly quoted the king's words -excuse, for the nervous laughter that followed his statement did not shy to conceal the latter's origin.

None of the whys and because intrigued me enough to acknowledge, for the small enigma that whispered my name over and over again snatched my focus in its tight grip.

Almost all of my attention, that was.

For an unclear cause, the thought of the Silver Eagles' captain in an elegant attire and fancy mask bolstered my expectations.

An eagle would be his choice, or an entire different animal? Would he match his squad's reputation of wearing silver clothes, or would he pick another colour to conceal his identity efficiently?

Each answer in my mind never seemed enough, for the next that crossed always seemed a better alternative.

Only the party tonight will offer me the responses I seek in its mercy.

~~

The light that cascaded through the dangling chandeliers stole my attention from the first steps I placed through the vast, welcoming threshold.

Music sounded left and right, and while a few attendees resided in whispered conversations in the corners, most of them circled, waltzed, and twirled around the dance floor. Amongst the crowd, my eyes locked and scanned the attendees for specific features.

All for a hopeful combination of bird and shiny grey.

Typically, I would await my turn to be asked for a dance, but masquerades were a completely opposite tale.

Before long, I was swiped away from my feet, captured in a waltzing circle that had us bounce in rhythm. A familiar voice broke my mind from the short-lived surprise, "If you are looking for pretty, braided boy except that he doesn't wear the braid now, he is over there." The sound of Yami Sukehiro mumbled to my ears.