Langris Vaude × Reader : Silent Love

Requested by Silent_Kitten_22. Thank you for requesting! I'm going to mix it with GhostieSimp_ 's suggestion; thank you for the idea!

Genre : Fluff

Summary : You lost the ability to talk a long time ago. No matter how many times Langris or anyone tries to annoy you, you seem to never get mad.

Events : After Elves's invasion while Langris was still vice-captain.

Word count : 1948

Trigger warning : implicit mentions of bullying.

. . . 🌼 . . .

Clouds huddled in the sky in thick layers that foretold rain, or perhaps snow.

Depending on one's mood, one would describe the view as a sign of soon prosperity, another a sign of ominous storm that was curried by gust and thunder.

The latter wasn't too far from how Langris had been feeling, and the reason for that was one person who had not even completed their first month in the Golden Dawn.

That person was you.

To an outsider's eye, no one would ever suspect that you lacked anything. Your beauty was charming, your mana radiated strength, and your kind smile seemed to last perpetually.

Yet, there was one thing hidden from superficial eyes, and it was your inability to talk.

Langris was in the dark to the circumstances that led you to lose your voice, but he was present when you were first stepped foot into the headquarters. After all, he was the vice-captain and held direct responsibility of the subordinates.

He watched as you were getting picked on by the nobles that overcrowded the team, mocking your lack of response and mistaking it for weakness. As much as he hates to admit it, his immature self did take part in such behavior before his seeks for redemption.

He observed as you dismissed his and anyone's comments with a smile that only infuriated him even more.

Eventually, you resided within the company of Yuno's trio; and in all honesty, he could not blame you for your choice since the peasant was as quiet as you were, and his two friends were not as loud or talkative.

Then, in a fruitless sequence of events chasing power, aside from his unfortunate possession by an elf, he started doubting himself even more.

Was he really as powerful as he was made to believe? Was he really not too far gone to change? What was he to do now? Would you ever forgive him?

And that was why Langris found himself lingring by the seat next to the window for hours no end as he contemplated his actions and persona.

No matter how many times darkness threatened to overwhelm and suffocate him to his very last breath, your smile that used to annoy him shone a thin rope of hope.

Hope to be better.

Hope to make it up for you, and prove himself worthy of your forgiveness.

Thus, he could not understand how his perspective of your smile that he used to believe was a gesture to intentionally mock him, transformed into a solace he did not realize he was missing on.