Magna Swing × Chubby! Reader : To Meet Again

Requested by GummyWurmmz

Genre : Fluff.

Summary : You recall the first time you joined the magic knights and met the guy you thought you'd never see again.

Word count : 697.

. . . 🔥 . . .

The human body always amazed you with how it works.

You are slightly overweighted than average. When you were a kid, adults thought you were an adorable little pumpkin. However, that didn't mean you heard the same opinions from kids your age.

However, it never affected you.

You couldn't quite figure out why even if you tried losing weight, it never worked. So, you stopped trying and decided to accept your looks.

But people never accepted the fact that you came in terms with yourself.

It never ceased to amaze you how people could ever think about inflicting damage, whether physical or emotional, upon others.

Thus, you aren't surprised when you become aware of the nasty looks around you whenever you fail to keep up in physical activities, which led you to become excluded little by little.

At the age of 15, you received your grimoire. Your magic was wind and since many people had the same magic, no one was intrigued nor excited by it.

All except for one child you were friends with.

"Go on and show them your potential."

So, when the magic knights' exam was announced, you were quick to jump into the competition. And you did your best.

You showed them that even if you can't use the broom to fly because of your weight, you could use your wind as an alternative.

You showed them that your aim was near perfect when those targets flew from above your head into their destination with incredible precision.

You showed them the best shapes of your favorite animals and objects.

You really did your best.

Yet, it wasn't enough.

Even if you almost heard the shatter of your heart when no captain raised their hands for you, you kept a strong façade and high posture.

"I didn't let people's opinion affect me, so this is not going to beat me." You thought in your mind.

In the following two years, you tried once again, having spent all your time and energy into practice.

But, with no luck.

Yet, here you were standing in front of the captains once again, waiting for one of them to raise their hand to welcome you into their brigade.

"No offers-" You held the captains stare as you heard the same words from the last three years get announced to the public.

However, you were surprised when you saw the captain of the Black Bulls raise his hand for you.

You couldn't believe it, but you held his stare with proud eyes. After the exam was over, you marched towards your new boss.

"Thank you, Captain, for accepting me." You said in a calm voice.

"You should thank yourself for having the courage to come back after being rejected for three years." He responded without looking at you, "Welcome to hell." He said as you were about to be transported into your new home.

When you first arrived to the headquarters, you were shocked by the craziness that your now squad members had.

But what shocked you most was when you saw him again.

"Magna?!"

"(Y/n)?!"

Your jaws were on the floor.

But Magna was quick to move to you and hug you tightly, "I thought I'd never see you again." He mumbled to your ear. You held him back tightly, afraid he'd disappear once again.

.

.

"How long has that been?"

"You joined three years ago." Magna answers you.

"Who would've thought I'd be accepted in the magic knights." You mumble with a small smile.

"I knew you'd make it, puffy cheeks." Magna grins as he stretches your cheeks in his fingers.

"I told you to stop that!" You pout, but you can't help the smile that traces your lips. "But truthfully, look how much we've grown."

"It's all become we have faith in one another." Magna's answer comes out soft as he places his hand on top of yours.

Yes, it has been a tough journey to finally get accepted in the magic knights. Despite what people thought of the Black Bulls, you couldn't find a better place to call home.

Especially, when the person who never ceased to have faith in you lives under the same roof.

. . . 🔥 . . .

Hey guys!

I hope you are doing well! Please leave a vote and a comment if you have enjoyed this request!

Stay safe and See ya!