12. Shocking

Doctor Choi -
when Chris and Liz got there, I was very shocked to see the condition. I thought that they were dead but then I checked again.

I felt like a slight little post, and I knew immediately that we have the rest of them into the trauma center

.
It's the unknown
Really
we had as many surgeons as we could that night, you know work on them until the early morning hour, recent so scary because I had no idea who they were having it first day with the resin at one unrecognizable because of the swelling so it was very hard and I did not know if this if they were going to pull through we eventually stopped.

You know operating on them and it was very scary because I had absolutely no idea if they were going to be OK or if they were gonna be all right, it was the most traumatic experience of my life because I was like these people are very sick and I didn't know if they would be paying function and I didn't know if they would be vegetables.

I didn't know if they would ever maintain normal again, but I was able to stabilize Chris pretty much immediately

Liz I had to put her in a medically induced coma, and I wanted to tell Chris because he knew he would we gain consciousness.

I didn't want to tell Chris because I didn't wanna fly his mental health and make him go berserk that was the scariest thing for me because it's like you want to help these people and you want to be with these people and you weren't going to be OK but then you realize you know maybe the odds are just against him at first I thought Liz would've been paralyzed but then I was like no because luckily her muscle functions are reflexes came back well when we did that you know on Sunday to text cause she moved but then I thought oh my goodness her brain and I looked at extensive amount of brain damage that she had and she wouldn't be a vegetable but she had lost at least 5-10
years of memory.

that had to be devastating because you know I knew her personally she was going to be my nurse and you know who knows maybe she still can but with this memory loss I'm just not sure .

I doubt she'll be able to remember her husband and I'm not holding her bread that she'll be able to remember her husband but it's just very very scary because it's like you want the best for these people and you're thinking while the odds are against them I went into Chris's room to inform him what happened and what to expect and not be too anxious around because when he saw her, but when .

I told him about car accidents in when he realize Liz wasn't with him, he began to get in hysterical, and I had to remain calm because I figured how scared he was because they have been smashed, and the car was starting to catch fire, but luckily the EMTs got them out before it could get any worse, but it was just so hard and normally .

I don't get affected or get attached my patience, but this case is different because these two had so much going for them, and it's scary, how much it could be taken away Chris you were in a car accident how do you feel any pain?

Chris -

i'm very sore and tender but how is my wife? Is she OK please tell me she's alive doctor I'll take her in any way that I can have her. I just hope she's not dead.

The doctor said something to me that would make my blood boil cold and I change the course of my life forever.

He told me that Liz was suffering from memory loss and was in a medically induced coma. She said that when she woke, she would have memory issues, and I just remember solving horribly because

I really wanted a happy long life with her and now I probably won't have that but I'm not gonna stop I will not stop.

I will make sure that my wife remembers me and I'm gonna become found love with me again when the time comes.