Ming

If I had one word to describe the day I won the Campus Moon competition, it would be "screwed".

That day, I did not only win Campus Moon, I also lost my love to Forth as Kit ended up proposing to him post the event, I lost my best friend to Beam as Yo confessed his feelings via a song during the Talent round.

I was happy for these fellows but sad at losing my love, be stuck with a title I never wanted and now stuck with a fastidious nitpicky perfectionist mentor Pha.

Really, I did not foresaw concluding my first year in university like this. And speak of the devil, here he was coming again.

"Nong, you have to submit the report for the event. Is it done? Remember it has to be done in Font Size 12, Times New Roman and 1.5 spacing. I need the indentation to be done too. Let me proof read before you send it over. And it's due at 2pm. Show me your version by 11am.

"Too late P. I have already submitted it."

"What?!?!? But why didn't you consult or show me before submission?"

"P, the report had to be written by the newly crowned Campus Moon. It is just a 2 page report on the event. Simple. Proof reading isn't necessary. And just so you know, I didn't do any of the specifications you had asked for because it wasn't told to me by the Dean when she asked me to write the report and I am going by her words."

"It's not just a 2 page report. It's literally the first document under your purview since you won and one of the many you be writing over your 1 year reign. Are you kidding me?!?!? Take it back and let me see."

"No! Why should I?! What has been given is given. And stop nitpicking P. Its not even your work plus you aren't the Dean. So buzz off."

"You... you... Mi..youu" Pha stuttered angrily.

"Me..mee...m...what? Cat got your tongue or are you a stammerer? That be glorious given you apparently seem perfect otherwise."

Pha fell silent when I said that. He then just turned and walked away. Hm, wasn't expecting that. Thought he would retort back.

I turned around and Forth was standing there with Kit. Kit nearly jumped on me but Forth held him back.

"What is wrong with you Kit!"

"You asshole!"

"What the.. look stop supporting your friend so much. He's too much of a perfectionist and slave driver."

"Ming, it's not about that. Pha..
Pha has a stuttering problem. It comes out only when he is terribly angry. Even if you didn't know, that wasn't nice to make fun of someone." Forth uttered softly.

Shit.

I looked at Kit who walked off angrily cursing me under my breath whilst Forth patted my shoulders and ran off after him.

That went well. Now not only Kit hates me, P Forth is disappointed in me and I just prolly blew the bridge between me and Pha far and wide.