Pha

The anger I felt when Ning teased us got to me. Teasing me about my stutter was a really low move but seeing Ming want to protect me did it for me.

Firstly I didn't want him getting into trouble again and secondly its about damn time I stood up for myself in a different manner and also for him.

I knew he was utterly shocked. So was I. I never ever slap girls so to do that, geesh. As I promised Ming I would text him and drove away, I couldn't help but reflect back on the time he wiped my perspiration away or the way he gently had put his hands over mine; it really created this warm fuzzy feeling within me that spread like wildfire.

I got home and texted Ming.

"Hey I'm home."

"Good P. I am about to shower and sleep."

"Ah okays. Rest well then.."

Ming bade me goodbye and I saw him go offline. I just stared at my phone abit, wondering how to ever create conversation with him again or meet him. I realized without him being Campus Moon, there was no reason for me to meet him again. I mean we did share common friends but it wasn't like we were besties. Ah damn, maybe I should have convinced him to stay on as Campus Moon.

Just then a text flitted in from Ming. I opened it and I found myself grinning upon reading it.

"I may no longer be Campus Moon but if you need any help, let me know P. I be happy to help."

You said it, Ming. You said it. Heh I snickered evilly. Just then I caught a look of my reflection and I face palmed internally when I realized how cringey I was acting.

What the heck.

The next few days saw me busy with lab work, practicum, plus Moon activities. With Ming stepping down, Suthee from Communication Arts was the new Campus Moon as runner up and I spent alot of my time mentoring and guiding him. He was a wonderful kid who listened well and did everything as per the book but hanging out with him, only made me miss Ming for some reason.

I was at the library one evening when Ming swung by. He was carrying a pile of books and sat down at my table. I looked up to see who had interrupted me when I realized it was him. Subconsciously a smile flitted over my face. I raised my hands in greeting to him. He grinned and sat next to me instead.

"What are you doing here?"

"Heard there was dance lessons so came for it."

I snorted! And the librarian threw me a dirty look from the aisle. I was apologetic and mock glared at Ming who just chuckled silently like a mime. He pointed towards his exam schedule and his books and I got the hint. We smiled and settled into studying independently but alongside each other for the next few hours. I had students who came to me for help along the way and I tutored them patiently though it kept me from my own books.

Ming just observed me quietly as I went about my work and tutoring. About 3 hours later, Ming finally wrapped his work up.

"Leaving?"

"Yes I am. I am done. But you are leaving with me too."

"Oh its ok. You go ahead first. I'm not done yet. I still have some studying to do."

"I know. That's why I'm asking you to come with me."

"Hmm?"

"Trust me P. Please."

I kept my things away and picked up my bag, ready to leave with Ming. I had my car and he told me to meet him at his dorm. I was just confused. I agreed and we left separately on our own vehicles. I met him at his dorm 15 minutes later and then he brought me to his room.

It was my 2nd visit and still as neatly put together. He told me to sit at the dining table.

"This space is yours for the next few hours or as long as you deem fit. I know you are very helpful but it's also true you can't do your own things if you are going to help others 24/7. You need some time for yourself too. Over here, no one will bother you. Just study. I be doing my chores. OK?"

I stared dumbfounded at Ming. I wasn't expecting that when he invited me over. I cracked a grateful smile and he just ruffled my hair. I got down to studying with an iced coffee and some biscuits that Ming had laid out for me.

True to his words, he didn't bother me and I spent the next few hours till about 10pm studying. He left a bowl of fried rice that he cooked for me on the table and got his chores done.

It was indeed a very blissful and peaceful session. At 10pm, I finally looked up to see Ming sitting on the couch, just dozing away. I smiled softly when I saw that.

I didn't realise that I was just looking at him, lost in my thoughts till my phone rang! Jarring both of us awake!