Pha

I watched as Ming rode off, knowing how wretched he must feel. He wasn't wrong to be honest. Nobody had cut him slack at all. Just as I thought of that, Forth came there.

"I guess we messed up huh?"

"You mean you and Dean? Hell yea."

"Talk to him Pha. He may listen to you."

"You are his senior and you blew up in his face. You really think he will listen to me, his mentor that he doesn't like 💯? Fat chance Forth."

Forth sighed deeply. He knew that I had a point. I watched as Ming's bike disappeared. I asked Forth for Ming's room number after much contemplation.

"Don't be too happy. I'm not going to ask him to be a Moon again. I want to go check on him."

Forth nodded, sighing softly. Even I knew the responsibilities being a Moon brought by, but at this point of time, it was important that I checked on Ming as a friend rather than a mentor or senior or whatnot.

I went off to Ming's. On the way, I bought some snacks. I was really unsure of what he likes but to be safe, I bought some nut free options just incase I decided to eat them too.

I knocked on his door hesitantly. For a while, I didn't hear anything. Then I heard some shuffling and finally Ming opened the door; he was dressed in a shirt, sweats and had a bowl of chips in his hand. When he saw me, his eyes opened wide in surprise.

"P! What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to come by to see you. I bought some snacks for you too."

"You needn't have. Come in please."

He stepped aside to let me come in. I stepped in, surprised by the neat man cave. It was neatly fitted with a nice gaming set up, with a small table that also doubled up as his study desk complete with a queen sized bed. I raised my eyes at the bed though. Was a queen size one necessary for a single guy? Oh wait, unless he brought..

"Earth to P! Contrary to popular rumours, I don't bring anyone here. I thrash around in my sleep a lot so a bigger bed is good or else I will fall off constantly."

My face instantly streaked with blush when I heard that. I apologised softly and Ming just waved it away. He went to make drinks for us whilst I looked around the room. I saw an epi pen in a clear medicine box on the dining table.

"Ming, you have allergies too? What's yours? I see you got the epi pen too."

"I have no allergies P. I.. that. I bought it from the pharmacy the last time.. cos I..  just.." I watched as Ming stuttered. What was this boy on about? The last time he was anywhere near a pharmacy was when he had rushed me to the hospital over my...

I gasped. Did he buy the epi pen for me? I looked at Ming who had hurried off to the kitchen, his ears all tinged red. I smiled to myself, at the sweetness of this boy who despite his facade did have a heart of gold.

Which made the recent events with the Dean all the more untoward and uncalled for, towards him. I sighed softly. He came out with drinks and I happily accepted my coffee. I sat down to have it whilst he sat on the couch to turn off the TV. I stopped him and said its fine and to let it run. He smiled at me.

"So what brings you here P?"

"I just wanted to make sure you are ok and to bring you some snacks to cheer you up."

"That's all? You sure? You weren't sent by the Dean or P Forth to come coerce me into being a Moon again?"

I shook my head firmly. I told him I had zero intentions of doing that and said whatever decision he took or takes, I will stand by it as a fellow mentor. He smiled at me gratefully, happy that I wasn't forcing him into anything. He asked me if I wanted to stay for dinner and that he will order us something since it was close to 6pm already but I shook my head no. I had dinner plans with Beam and Kit and had to make my way out soon. Ming nodded, thanked me for the snacks and sent me out.

Before I left, I turned to look at him.

"Sorry once again for everything. I couldn't be more grateful to you for looking out for me like that. And I apologise for whatever went down after that."

"It's not your fault P. Don't be silly. You shouldn't have to say sorry. I only did what was right. I am sure you would have done the exact same thing if I was in the situation too. Stay safe na."

I nodded before making my way. As I walked past his dorm, I looked up from below to see Ming waving away at me.

Hmm that was quite a sweet thing. I involuntarily caught myself blushing again. Sheesh.