Ming

I felt really bad when the Dean scolded Pha as it wasn't even his fault. I wanted to make up for my behavior and I asked him to guide me on the report writing. Got it sorted out, submitted and I offered to send him home but little surprise, he rejected it.

I sighed softly and made my way to the carpark. As I got onto my bike, I saw Pha getting into his car. I started my bike but realized it failed. What the fuck. I tried a couple of times and yet it didn't work. I just watched forlornly as Pha started his car and drove off. I got down, tried to check my engine, the start gear and all but couldn't identify the issue. I sighed softly as I locked my bike and started my walk home. It was a good 30 minutes away and I sighed again as I cast a look at the gloomy sky and was sure it was going to pour soon.

As I was walking, I felt soft droplets on me. Shit, it was starting to rain. I started jogging but the rain started to pick up too. It got abit too heavy so I took shelter under a tree for a bit, taking my Engineering jacket off to tie it around me but my white t shirt underneath was soaked through too. I just brushed the water off my hair and stood there for a bit, hoping for the rain to ease up just a wee little.

About 10 minutes later, a car stopped infront of me. I looked up, surprised to see Pha rolling his windows down and beckoning me in. I quickly got in, and he handed me a small face towel to dry myself. I murmured sorry for getting his seat wet. He didn't say anything and continued driving.

I didn't even dare ask why he was around this area as he didn't seem too keen in making conversation with me. As he was driving, I then heard him utter, "I was at the mini mart when I saw you walking. The forecast did say it be a heavy downpour so let me send you home. What happened to your bike?"

"Don't know P. It wouldn't start. I may ask P Forth or P Lam for help tomorrow."

Pha nodded and continued driving. There was silence between us. I finally tried to ease the awkward silence.

"P.."

"Yes?"

"I... want to say sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. I.. it hasn't been easy for me since winning the title..and"

"Guess having a fussy nitpicky mentor didn't help either huh?"

"How did you.."

"I overheard the other night when you were complaining to Yo just before the final talent round."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I'm used to it. But I wouldn't change my ways for the world."

I just snickered involuntarily. Pha caught that and just smiled too. He dropped me off at my dorm and bade me goodbye. I nodded and scooted off into my building before I got wet even more. As I went up to my dorm, I realized I had still been holding onto the small face towel he had given me.

He was too kind for his own good.