Pha

I know he was stunned when I fed him. But I knew I just wanted to take his mind off his brother and cheer him up. I sat down and fed him and he ate quietly. Once we were done, I went to do the washing up of dishes. Then I felt Ming lay on me.

"You ok?"

"Yea. Let me be like this ok? I... just feel..like.."

"Sure. Go ahead."

He held onto me as I washed and dried the dishes. Once we were done, we went back to the couch.

"I'm gonna head back first Ming. I need to do my laundry and all plus prep for school tomorrow ok."

"Ah okays. Sure. Sure. Thank you for everything."

I smiled at him and left, despite very badly just wanting to spend my afternoon and night with him. But responsibilities still beckoned so I had no choice. The week flew by, with me busy at school. But I made an effort to text Ming daily and he would call me during dinner or his breaks just to check in. I was also caught up with Moon activities so that was another load altogether but Suthee was a good kid who worked fast and so we got alot done. We also became very close friends and started hanging out abit more.

On Friday, Ming called me. "Hey, want to do dinner since it's Friday?"

"Oh I can't. I promised Suthee we do dinner together. He wants to check out this new cafe and invited me."

"Oh for Moon activities?"

"Ah no. Not for that. It's jsut dinner. Not work."

"Oh. Okays sure sure. Have fun.. " I didn't listen properly then but Ming's voice had dulled and he trailed off. But I hung up and went to meet Suthee. We did have a pleasant night out and he sent me home too despite me saying no.

Though Ming and I communicated regularly, we couldn't meet because of studies and all so it was a good 1.5 months later when we finally met for drinks with the boys at the bar. I brought Suthee along as I felt that Wai would enjoy hanging out with him.

I instantly brightened up when I saw Ming. I swore Ming's eyes lit up too but then he saw Suthee and he immediately dulled. Hmm, that's weird. I thought they were on fairly good terms?

Ming didn't approach or talk to me for the night. He hung out with Park and Lam resolutely for the night. I introduced Suthee to Wai and they hit it off and I was busy chatting with Beam and Kit. But the lovebirds left around midnight and I was then with Suthee and Wai. Lam had asked Posh to join him for a smoke outside and dragged him out. Max and Tul joined us but it was a smaller group now. Since Park received a call, I used the opportunity to go chat with Ming.

"Hey, busy? We haven't spoken the whole night."

"Oh no P. Just here and there."

"P? Erm okays.. have you eaten?"

"Yea I did. I had it with Yo and Forth."

"Oh that's nice. Why didn't you just call me?"

"You told me you were meeting Suthee so I guess I thought u will eat with him. You been spending alot of time with him so I didn't want to intrude."

"Hmm? Oh I did. But it was for him to pick up some Moon related materials. We don't meet so often. Just once in a while. But he's a nice person. Hardworking and all so it's really easy to become friends with him."

"He's alot like you, isn't he? Studious, hardworking, nice, polite.."

"LOL you have really studied him huh? I guess so, now that you mention it, you are right. He's like my twin isn't he?"

"Yea he is. I guess that's good right? I mean you guys click well and all."

"Of course.." just then my phone rang and I excused myself. But before I could register it, Ming had upped and left. I watched as he walked out whilst I finished my call with my mom.

"You ok?" Suthee came to ask me.

"Yea i am. I be back. You hang out with Wai ok? I come back to send you home."

"Ah no need P. Wai said he send me home. We gonna go to his dorm for a movie marathon."

"Oh wow. Nice. Have fun!" I winked at Suthee and left. I ran out but Ming was nowhere to be seen. I got into my car and drove out, heading in the direction towards university. I wanted to go back and see Ming at his dorm. It was the first free weekend in a long while and I really hoped to spend it with him.

As I was driving out, I saw Ming walking further down. I quickly drove over and stopped the car by the side. I ran over and grabbed his hand. When he turned, he saw me and was surprised.

"P! What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing. Where are you going? We were talking. How come you left?"

"Oh. Not too well. So I decided to head home instead. Why are you here? Shouldn't you be with Suthee?"

"Suthee? He's with Wai. They hit it off quite well. Too well, Suthee is heading home with Wai instead."

"Wai? I thought.. I thought you and he..."

"Me and Suthee? What?"

"P... its just that... I thought you and Suthee.. P what I mean is.."

"Why do you keep calling me P?! Ming, why are you being so formal and cold with me? Did I do something wrong? If I did, can you please tell me?"

Ming kept quiet. But he was starting to blush badly. His face was all red and he looked so apologetic suddenly. I peered at him for a while but he didn't say anything. I heard someone honking! I turned, shit. I couldn't park there for long. I quickly grabbed Ming and ran back to my car. We got in.

"I send you back ok? No arguments."

Ming nodded his head and was quiet for the rest of the journey. I drove back, keeping half an eye on him and feeling like something wasn't quite right with this guy.

I be damned if I don't find it out tonight.
.