Pha

I got ready for school the following day and opened my door at 9am, only to be greeted by a food package on the floor with a freshly laundered face towel next to it. I instantly knew it must be Ming.

I picked it up, kept the towel away in my room and brought the food out with me for breakfast.

I met Beam and Kit at the canteen. I opened the food package but realized it had nuts and I was allergic to nuts. So I gave it away to Kit and Beam to have whilst I went to buy food. When I came back,  Yo had come to see his boyfriend Beam and they were both chatting away. Ming just sat there quietly looking at Kit eat the breakfast he had gotten for me. I sat my tray down and when Ming saw I had food, he quickly stood up, cited a reason and left.

Before I could say anything, he had disappeared. The boys didn't say anything as it wasn't particularly out of the ordinary but I had noticed the way his eyes had flicked to my tray and to the food package.

I rubbed my face tiredly. He may have thought I didn't want his food. I sighed softly wondering if another misunderstanding had just rose between us.

But then again, we aren't friends so did it even matter?

I decided to eat my food, shelving all thoughts of Ming away. It had been a long day and by the time I ended classes, it was close to 8pm.

I was walking back to my car when I saw Ming walk past me. He didn't go towards the bike lots and continued walking. He probably didn't have his bike and I half wondered if I should offer him a ride. Whilst lost in my thoughts over this, I snapped back to reality a few minutes later to realize Ming was long gone.

I drove off and midway I saw Ming walking. I debated between slowing down and going off when I saw him stop suddenly. I saw him answer a call and he looked upset. Hmm.

I decided to slow down and stop the car alongside him. He was still on the phone when he saw my car. I got out of the car and waited for him to finish the call.

"Heading home? Let me send you?"

"It's ok P. I have to go back to campus again. Dean rejected the proposal for the upcoming event and wants me to re do it again. And she's only given me a 2 day deadline."

"Oh what event? Do you need my help?"

"Hmm no its fine. I got it. I just... I think she's being incredibly fussy."

"She just wants the best for the university Nong. Take it in your stride. You need a ride back?"

Ming nodded his head firmly no, bade me goodbye and left. He took off, jogging slowly. Haix. He was quite a stubborn kid.

(Meanwhile in Ming's POV)

Why did I even think that Pha would understand or see my frustrations? Of course, he's a true blue A student and would eat breathe live the words of the Dean, not realizing how difficult she makes lives for, for the rest of us. I sighed deeply as I jogged back to campus, to work on that darned proposal again for the 5th time.