Meeting him.

(This is after Scaramouche leaves the Fatui.) The leaves were turning an orange color as it was becoming fall in Liyue Harbor, my favorite time of year.

Mrs. Beidou needed lots of supplies as her ship got damaged after a fight with a tough sea monster at a local port so she sent me out to find lumber and lanterns.

To my surprise, the city didn't seem to have any of these basic supplies. I've been looking around for hours and I haven't been able to find a single thing.

I didn't want to have to go wuwang hill area but did I have any choice? It wasn't like I was going to find anything here.

Even though I should have told Beidou I was going far from the city I couldn't care less at the moment.

I needed those lumber and lanterns for Mrs. Beidou. She took me under her wing kindly and cared for me. I should care for her too, and help her just like she did for me. When thinking of beidou the only words I can think of are affectionate, hopeful, helpful, and many more kind words.

Though, Before I could cross the bridge a short guy with a very large hat bumped my shoulder, his hat hit my face making me fall a bit.

"Watch it."

I was about to respond before he left quickly running to the nearby woods.

Even though I should have been offended at the fact he was unpleasant towards me.
I was more curious about the guy. He seemed like someone I knew but at the same time didn't. It was a weird feeling that I haven't felt before. It was weirdly unexplainable.

He also looked like someone who may have a job in lumber farming. His face was perfect and most lumber guys have amazing faces so I wouldn't be too surprised. I was working on a poem on how enchanting lumber guys were.

I started sprinting and quickly made it into the woods, after a bit of searching I found him sitting on a wooden bench looking at a dead bird getting eaten by an eagle. I took a sit next to him.

"Oh, it's you..." The man said turning his head around to face the other way.

"Why hello there. I'm Kaedehara Kazuha descant of the Kaedehara clan of Inazuma. Who are you?"

The man then turned his head to look at me. He gave me a death stare, before looking at me with a tint of sorrow as if he got some sort of sorrowful memory.

"Scaramouche."

"Scaramouche who?"

"Just Scaramouche..."

The name "Scaramouche" also felt familiar but in a different way. The way that you heard a bunch of people say that name, but you never saw the person with the name.

"Yeah but tell me more information."

"..."

"I see you're not comfortable telling me any more information. Don't worry that's fine. I can understand one's worry."

"Also... are you a lumberman?"

"No?"

"Kind of... lumber people I have seen have very pretty faces... your face is probably the most alluring face I've seen in my travels to Liyue Harbor so I assumed you were."

"Are you flirting with me Kaedehara?"

I could feel my face blush a little. I was not thinking he was going to be so straightforward. I also realized that I was giving him romantic signals. Something I was not trying to do, but that I was doing uncontrollably.

"If you want lumber then just head to the funeral parlor. There I think they can give you some"

My eyes widened. How come I haven't thought of that place before? Maybe it's because it's named the funeral parlor and not the lumber parlor... hmm they should consider a name change.