The surface island.

I wake up and see Scaramouche sleeping in front of me. It seems he wasn't lying, he didn't leave me this time. I get up and stretch my arms, I have to admit, sleeping on that table wasn't very comfortable. I go and pat Scaramouche's head, his hair is silky and soft. I love the texture, how does he take care of his hair in all the conditions he's been going through? Is this a wig? I pull on his hair to see if it's a wig or not, Scaramouche ends up waking up and looks at me angrily. "Why were you pulling my hair? Can't you wake me up more peacefully, Kaedheara!?" "I wanted to see if your hair was a wig. Don't take this wrong, I mean that in a good way. It's just so silky, and soft..."

"Stop simping over my hair, Kaedheara."

I can feel the heat come to my cheeks. I'm not attracted to hair...right? "... is not attracted to hair... I hope I'm not." Scaramouche gives me a weird look. "No, you're attracted to hair, or at least my hair. I'm not sure if you noticed, but you always stare at my hair. Even when I'm trying to sleep I can feel your eyes on my hair." I can feel myself start to sweat, and a pang of guilt comes over me. I never knew I did that... poor Scaramouche.. that must have been uncomfortable... "I... never... noticed... I'm sorry, Scaramouche." The room now has a tense and awake atmosphere. None of us speak up, we just stare. It's creepy, I guess this must be a weird conversation for him, it is for me too. "... we should... get back up..." Scaramouche slowly gets up and puts his hat up, he then grabs the box with the heirloom. "C'mon, unless you want to stay here forever." I quickly head for the door. Scaramouche opens up and we're in the hellish labyrinth again. "So, do you remember the path back?" Scaramouche mutters.

2 hours later...

We finally make it back to the first safe room, I never thought it would be so hard to just backward your steps. I and Scaramouche catch a breather before we open the door to the entrance of the cave. After walking for a bit, we finally make it to the entrance. I moan in relief as the air breezes onto my face. Scaramouche looks at me weirdly, I should stop doing that. "Does nature turn you on?" He asks out of nowhere. I can again feel myself blush. He is exposing me and my weird self today, isn't he? "Honestly, I don't even know anymore. For some reason, my natural response to anything that feels somewhat good is to moan." I can see him jump a bit. "I'll take that as I yes then." He says, before I can respond to him he walks over back down the path to the ship. I follow him and soon catch up to him. We both walk down the path until we reach the ship. "Leaving so soon¿" I hear someone whisper in my ear. I jump and look around, but I see... nothing. "Did you... hear something?" I ask Scaramouche. "No..." He says while looking throw drawers. "I swear, I just heard a raspy voice whisper into my ear..." Scaramouche turns to look at me. "I guess nature is trying to flirt with you now. What good news! Nature also shares the same feelings toward you!" I roll my eyes. "How funny..." I mutter. 

I walk over to Scaramouche and peek over at him. "What are you looking for Scara?" I ask. "I'm looking to see if there's anything I can use on this ship."

"Why?"

"You want me to camp us outside without anything but clothes and shoes?" I look at him weirdly. "We're not leaving yet?" Scaramouche shakes his head. "Nope, I still have a business to take care of. I could lend you my hat so you can paddle away back to Sumeru if you want." I shake my head. "No thanks." I would love to go back, but I don't want to risk swimming there. I don't want to be in a mood, but Beidou probably died. The thought of it makes me sad. Someone who I thought of as a mom, is dead. It seems my mothers can never seem to live a long life. I start to tear up. Scaramouche notices. "Are you ok?" That's it. I start to bawl my eyes out. Scaramouche stands up and hugs me. I can't feel a heartbeat, weird. It seems this guy's heartbeat is hard to detect. Never seen a heart like that, but I guess we're all different. His is pure, and that's something that he has that I wish I had. A pure, clean, kind heart. Even behind all of his yelling and cussing and his hidden heartbeat, I can still tell his heart is pure, clean, and kind. No matter how hard he tries to hide it, I will always be able to tell.

I cry into his shoulder. He pats my hat. "Whatever is bothering you, it's okay, I guess." I chuckle and sob at his "it's okay, I guess." He smiles a bit. "Uhm, I am always here for you." I start to hug him back, I find it cute how he tries to comfort me, it isn't his strong suit though. After a while, I finally calm down. I pull away and look at him. "Are you ok now..." he mutters. I smile at him. "Yes, thank you, Scaramouche."