Is this Goodbye?

Today was a normal day on the ship. Beidou has some tasks and I did them. She would pat me on the head and give me my free time. It's always like this on the ship. Sometimes it gets boring doing all the same things over and over again. It gets boring to see the same things as you did yesterday. This was a reason why leaving to talk to the Inazuman wanderer felt so good. It was something new to experience. Something you wouldn't expect to see on your normal day at Liyue Harbor. I went to go leave the ship so I could go talk to him as usual, but something different happened. Beidou pulled me back in and turned me to face her. "Before you leave I gotta tell ya some important news Kazu." Did she seem to be nervous, maybe about my reaction to this news? "What is it Beidou?" I sighed. She took a deep breath, before stating "We'll be heading to Sumeru for 2 years. There are a lot of important things to do." My heart dropped once she said those words.

I could tell that she knew I was shocked. "I know this is a lot to hear Kazu... but it's needed." I felt my eyes start to tear up. I don't think I have cried since Tomo. Beidou then hugged me tightly. "If there is anyone you want to say goodbye to in Liyue, I advise you do it now..." She then let go of me. "I know that I certainly have someone I want to say goodbye to..." Beidou then walked off the ship. In my one year of being on the crux, I think that's the first time I've seen Beidou sad. She usually was Festive no matter what happened. Whoever this person was, they must have meant a lot to Beidou to get her that sad about it. I slowly got off the ship and ran towards the forest. Maybe I could somehow sneak him on the ship... no... Beidou would find out. Walking into the forest I made it to our spot to see him there, with a piece of fowl on his lap.

I sat next to go him and started crying hysterically. He looked over with a confused and concerned look on his face. "Hmmm, are you ok?" He asked. I got myself together and replied. " I- I have news..." Scaramouche looked at me intrigued. "What news do you bring?"
I took all of my courage and let out words. "I'm going have to go to Sumeru and stay there for two years..."
I could see his eyes widen as I said that. "You're leaving... I knew it would happen..." I picked my head up and looked him in the eyes. What did he mean by he knew this would happen? Did he plan for it?