A ship full of emotion.

Sorry, I haven't updated in a while, also sorry if I already used that comic in one of the chapters.

And so I sat there, waiting for Scaramouche to come back out the hatch. Eventually, after what I assume to be 2 hours later from looking at how the sun changed position, he came out. He looked at me, and then said, "We're sailing back to Sumeru, I want to talk to Nahida again." I nod. "Do you have a map? Or a good indicator of where we are going?" He scoffed. "Does it matter? I'll make it there, that I know." I decided to just agree, Scaramouche was a good explorer, he was kind of a wanderer, just like me, and besides, if he has troubles I can help easily. I'm quite good at ocean navigation now after being on the crux for so long.

He walked up to the wheel and turned the ship around, then he started to move the ship forward. "Do whatever you want, just know I don't feel like talking right now, so that's off the table." He called out.  I'm feeling tired, especially after all the drama that just happened. So I went inside the cabin and laid down, I closed my eyes, and then shortly after fell asleep.

I woke up at what I assumed to be midnight. Scaramouche was still up at the wheel, sailing the boat. We seemed to have just passed the storm barrier, this ship was going much faster than the crux, I forgot how fast small ships can be, if this can even be considered a ship, it's more of a boat, but what's the difference anyway? Either way, Scaramouche must be exhausted, he's been at the wheel since 12:00 pm, and now it's 12:00 am. I stood up and walked up to him, but before I made it to him, he spoke. "What is it Kaedheara, I know you're walking towards me." I continued walking toward him till I was standing next to him, then I opened my mouth once again. "Scaramouche you have to be exhausted, you've been here sailing the boat for 12 hours! Please, go lay down and take a rest, and let me sail for the other 12 hours, and we rotate just like that." He shook his head. "Not necessary, I'm not tired first of all, and I don't think I am going to anytime soon. So I'll just continue on wheel duty. You like nature, right? I saw some fish native to this area of the ocean, they're right next to the ship, left side. Why don't you go look at them?"

That has to be one of the biggest lies I ever heard. He's been standing there controlling the wheel for 12 hours, 8 of those hours in the blazing sun. There is no way that he is not exhausted out of his mind, and I'm not going to let him just suffer there. "You have to be exhausted, it's physically impossible that you're not." I grab his arm and tug him backward from the wheel. His arms are weirdly doll-like, they bend like a doll, and they even somewhat feel like porcelain, that's pretty cute. He has really good skin, how come I haven't noticed this sooner? He pushed me away and stepped back closer to the wheel. "I said I'm not tired, so stop nagging me and go look at those fish I was talking about."

Though I find it nice that he is willing to do this all for me, I can't just allow him to suffer there while I go look at some fish. "No, no, you are exhausted and I know it, I know you want to be polite and I appreciate that a lot but please let me be a dear and take over the wheel while you rest!" I said it a bit more forcefully this time, hoping to get my message across, but it didn't work out. "I said I'M NOT TIRED! Now go look at those fish and leave me alone." I started to get a bit angry, but I knew better than to yell, so I just kept a calm voice and kept insisting that he let me take the wheel, this continued until Scaramouche suddenly yelled out, "I'M NOT EXHAUSTED! I'M A PUPPET SO IT'S PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO GET TIRED! NOW STOP NAGGING ME AND GO LOOK AT THOSE DAMN FISH! THEY'RE PROBABLY ALL GONE AFTER ALL THIS DAMN YELLING THAT YOU MADE ME DO!"

It was then silent, no one else said anything. Scaramouche said he was a puppet, but, how? He has emotions. He cries he talks, he gets angry, he gets flustered, he gets happy, that's something that I don't think any puppet or doll can do. Lumine told me that the Raiden Shogun we saw was a puppet and that the real one was in the sword, and was called Ei. The Raiden Shogun never showed emotions as Scaramouche did, she wasn't as human as Scaramouche was. All she cared about was eternity, no other emotion was seen from her, but Scaramouche, he shows all types of emotions. So how is he a puppet?

That's when I realized something, whenever I hugged Scaramouche, I never felt a heartbeat, I always thought it was just quiet, or maybe I just wasn't in the right position to hear it, but now I get it. He doesn't have a heart, because he's not a human, he's a puppet. That's why his skin is so perfect because he's a puppet. That's why his limbs are so jointly and doll-like, because he's a puppet, but even then, it still doesn't make any sense, if he's a puppet, then how is he so human-like?

What about that day I had a nightmare about the incident again and I woke up to see Scaramouche sleeping on the bed. Now that I think about it. when I got into the bed with him, I did hear a little gasp. He was faking being asleep. Well, now I feel a bit embarrassed, to be honest, but it doesn't seem like he cared all too much. Thinking about things more closely, I also realized his chest never moved up and down, it just stayed still, like a person holding their breath would. I then ended up realizing a lot of non-human stuff Scaramouche does that I never really realized until now. He is a puppet, but that still doesn't answer how he acts and is so human. I would ask him that and more questions, but he probably isn't in the mood to talk right now, so I'll just go look at those fish he was talking about.

I walk over to the side of the fish and look down into the water, and just like he said, they're are some fish there. Fish I have never seen before in person, they are native to this area of the ocean. I know that I've heard of their species before, I just can't remember the name right now, let me think...