1𝘴𝘵 𝘥8

Braeden figured taking Y/n to the fanciest restaurant for their first date was good. While he knew her well, he didn't know her preference on where to go out, he figured it was somewhere fancy. He recalled her always doing that with her ex.

His car halted to a stop in front of her house, and he made sure to get up quickly. On the way to her door he fixed his hair, and his shirt he wore with his blazer.

He knocked softly at her door taking notice to the doormat that read 'Leave.' And it caused him to laugh before he heard her open the door.

She was in a silk, short red dress that flowed at the bottom, and she topped it off with a red ribbon in her hair.

She looked, "Beautiful." And that's all Braeden got as he cleared his throat, watching her grow just as flushed as he was.

"Thanks, you said fancy- so I-"

"No, yeah!" Braeden awkwardly interrupted, "And it turned out, great."

The nod given back from y/n was one of relief, and she stood there before Braeden shook his head, snapping himself back to the real world where he took her hand. "Come on."

It was a sweet two words to here. Y/n hadn't been on a first date in 4 years and she was nervous, but she also enjoyed the fact that Braeden was the sweetest guy to ever live.

"These reservations I have are supposed to be great, Dylan says they are." He informed, before closing her door gently and making his way to the drivers side.

"That sounds nice."

The two had been friends so talking wasn't hard, they talked the whole way there. Once they had made it to the restaurant, the time read 8:03, and they were only 3 minutes late due to traffic.

But that would be alright, that's what they assumed, and they walked in to many flashes of cameras.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know they were gonna be here." Braeden apologized as he once again took her hand, and she shook her head.

"I don't mind." And she meant it, if she wanted paparazzi pictures at all she wanted them to be with him.

"Hi, reservations for 8, please?" Braeden glanced around just as Y/n did. The place had tall ceilings, fancy furniture, marble floors, and apparently no more seats available.

"Sorry. When people are late to their reservations, we give them out. Come next time."  Braeden glanced back to Y/n in not only embarrassment but annoyance. They couldn't take 3 minutes to save the table?

"No, I-traffic was rough, I'm sorry but I planned this weeks ago." He pleaded, and y/n took her steps beside him. "I think it's pretty uncool to just hand it out."

"Well, I'm sorry it's 'uncool' but it's reality." Was all they had said, and when Braeden opened his mouth to speak, Y/n tapped his arm.

He looked over to her and she tilted her head. Her red lipstick was sticking out mostly right now as she uttered something to him. "It's alright. I have another place we could hit up."

In n out was the other place, and don't get them started on that line. It was so long y/n wished she had worn pajamas instead.

Now the time read 9:37, and they say quietly in Braeden's car while he handed her the food. Braeden faintly played The Strokes from his Bluetooth and he couldn't help but feel embarrassed when taking a sip of his drink.

"Sorry. I didn't mean for that to happen." He quietly spoke, and Y/n set her drink down with a shrug.

"I don't really care." She smiled. "I hadn't been on a date like this in so long. I've missed it."

"Really?" Braeden smiled more than he thought he would've at that, and y/n giggled at that while she nodded in response.

"No yeah, I was pretty stoked when you actually did want to come here."

"Yeah me too actually." Braeden lightly snickered, and it caused Y/n to do so as well. She sat improperly in her dress, her knees do her chest and she held her burger firmly, speaking with her mouth full.

"On our next date, we should do this but with comfortable clothing." She set her burger down after the bite, and she took notice to the widening of Braeden's eyes.

"So there will be another date?"

"Oh!" The girl began to grow nervous as she sat up straight. "I mean, if you want- yeah."

"I do, yeah." Braeden laughed, and he gave a sudden nod. "So, it's a plan."

Somehow within the night, she ended up with his blazer, he ended up with one lipstick mark on his lips, and when he walked her back to his door it was moments away from being multiple.

"Keep the blazer. It surprisingly looks better on you." Braeden tucked his hands into his fancy pants, rocking back and forth on his heels as he stared down at her.

"Oh surprisingly?" She laughed, still holding her drink in her hand, and watching him nod.

"Yeah, that blazer does wonders for me."

"It does." She agreed, because who wouldn't. That blazer was something else when Braeden wore it.

"So, thank you for this and for, this." She gestured to both the drink and the blazer. "And for tonight, because I forgot dates could actually be enjoyable."

That line had caused Braeden to smile greatly, laughing as he mustered up a soft 'you're welcome.'

When she turned to open her door he very much figured he had to do one more thing which was to kiss her, and thankfully he did, because y/n was aching for that too.

She kissed back, being pressed against her front door and her free hand was softly laid on his shoulder. He made his way to her neck, because believe it or not before this first date they'd kissed many times, and he'd done this.

Y/n pulled away and kissed his jawline in return, watching him smile softly as he pulled away slowly. He pressed his lips to hers quickly once more before sending a sweet wave and walking back to his car. "Bye, B."

He quietly spoke, saying bye as well and Y/n cursed the fact that he had a show tomorrow, because maybe he could've stayed.

But if you don't leave a date wanting more, was it even a date to start with?

So she left it at that, dragging herself inside to fan girl in there.

A/N
Not proofread I'm sorry!