𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘮𝘰

"Okay." I grabbed ahold of Braeden's hand, walking into the house after he greeted my mom with a pleasant hug, wave, and "Wow! Oh my god, hey!"

He always did that.

We were about four hours late to my little cousin's birthday and I felt terrible.

I handed my present to her after she greeted Braeden with the biggest hug, and only waved at me. I wondered if she knew I was the one who bought this, and he was the reason we were late.

"Here." I whispered to her, glaring at Braeden who smiled down at both of us. He loved my family parties and this was exactly why.

He also loved the way every single kid ran up to him, begging for him to go into the jumper with him, play tag or something, but I had to remind them all.

"He's my boyfriend, thanks!" I yelled over them all almost begging Braeden to follow them, they all held several candies in their hands, stuffing some of them into Braeden's hands.

"I'll come later, okay?" Braeden assured, and they all groaned before leaving and going back to their game.

Luckily the jumper was empty, everyone had been out in the front running by the flashing lights, and we watched every other adult dance to Los Tigres Del Norte and other bands my dad put on repeat every day.

"I've yet to have a family party of mine like yours." Braeden turned to me, leaning back against the corner hiding himself.

"And I've yet to have one like yours."

"That's good." Braeden sighed, glancing back over quickly. "You know you should teach me Spanish."

"Huh?" I tilted my head in confusion because this was the first time I heard Braeden even mention that.

"Would you? I could talk more to your family." Every time he spoke he looked over to them, or the kids in the front. While it was sweet I didn't even know how to teach spanish, what do you even start with?

"Okay...What do you want to know?"

When I asked him this I caught him biting his lip, thinking very hard before he turned to me. "How do I say thank you for inviting me to your home?"

"Shut up, you wouldn't just go over there and say that to my parents." I giggled, and so did Braeden as he realized I was right.

"Okay, okay. Give me something casual." Braeden watched me look around before I turned to him with a nod.

"Like- how do I ask to play games with your little cousins-" he gestured to them all and I turned to them, then back to him, stuffing a candy into my mouth before answering.

"Puedo jugar." I stated simply, stuffing the wrapper into his jacket pocket now, and he furrowed his eyebrows while staring down at me in confusion.

"Ped what?"

I couldn't help but laugh, shaking my head and he turned slightly red. "No, puedo.." I paused, swallowing my candy and urging him to say it. "Puedo."

"Puedo." He stated, watching me smile due to the way he said it. He pronounced it like playdoh.

"Okay, now jugar. Jugar."

"Jugar." He spoke with a strong r, and i let it go with a soft chuckle, opening yet another candy.

"Okay, now say. Puedo jugar, but like; Puedo Jugar?"

"Puedo Jugar?" Once I nodded after he said it, Braeden's look of confusion turned into a huge smile, and he removed his hands out of his pockets, allowing me to stick my trash in there once again. "Nice! I'm using that later on."

"Okay." I giggled in response, and he took a candy from my pile, looking around and then stopping at me, casually speaking up.

"Alright how do I- holy shit y/n! There are so many wrappers in here!" He pulled out a bunch, and my eyes widened with a laugh before nudging his chest, making him go on. "Okay. How do I say, I love you?"

"Te quiero." I spoke simply, watching him smile once I did. He sat up straight, discreetly clearing his throat before saying if.

"Te kyero."

I burst out into laughter a little again, every time I did that Braeden groaned, playfully telling me to shut up. "It was good. It was." I assured, and he sighed with a smile before squinting his eyes and going again.

"Okay, how do I tell you to kiss me?" He asked, smirking a little and while I did grow flushed I pushed him back into the corner with a laugh.

"Stop." I spoke, clearly nervous, and he scooted closer to me again.

"How?" He laughed, hanging his head down in order to make eye contact with me.

"You say: Dame un beso." I paused, watching him nod slowly. "Or, bésame."

He also paused for a minute, poking his tongue against the side of his mouth before he nodded to himself and spoke up. "Bésame." To my surprise he said it well, and it made me blush.

It also surprised him too, because he perked up, his mouth shaped into an O, and he pointed to it proudly, watching me roll my eyes as he leaned in.

I placed my hand on the back of his neck and he placed his on my chin, kissing me very gently, muttering something against my lips. "Te amo is one too right?"

I nodded, my eyes shut and my lips still pressed against his lips and he spoke again. "Te amo."

Never think Braeden can't one up himself continuously because he can. The way he said this made my heart twist and I wanted to cry because it was so cute.

His imperfect way of saying it made it all even better.

"Is now time?" My little cousins voice cut us both away from each other and he made a gagging face as he jumped around, my other cousin right behind him, she watched Braeden in hopes he could finally play.

"What happened, buddy?" He asked, clearing his throat, wiping his lips and fixing his jacket that I was just leaning on.

"Can you come play now?"

He turned to me, "Creo que sí." That was even more of a surprise, I jerked my head to the side like the others did and he laughed, shaking his head while he got up. He said it like creyo k see but it was okay, I don't even know how he knew what it meant.

"I heard you say that to your mom earlier when she asked you if you could bring her a coffee. I figured it meant of course I can." He kissed my head and with that he followed the other two, holding his shoes in one hand.

I wish he knew how wrong he was, the smile on his face held me back from telling him myself.

"Okay." I spoke to myself, now grabbing my own shoes and following them out.

This is unedited and mostly a scrap! But I wanted to put it out 4 Areli haha