𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘰

Being completely honest, today was part two. The day where Y/n was supposed to be fully dressed, ready to be picked up by Braeden for the drive in.

Though instead, she was asleep, napping and taking a short break from the day of crying she's had. Realizing filming was next month already, she had to go back to what she didn't want to, and everything was going to go bad.

Times when she would do all of this thinking often did this to her, especially now, and when she woke up to a knock, she rubbed her red eyes with mascara streaks under, and when she checked the time her heart dropped.

She ran to her door, in her regular jeans and her favorite crew neck, immediately greeted with a sweet smile from Braeden, he held flowers in his hand, and his phone in the other.

"Hey-"

"I'm sorry." Y/n sniffled, and immediately she frowned, gesturing to herself.

"I didn't get ready- I fell asleep and woke up late- and we were supposed to go- and please don't think I didn't want to go- I just- I messed this up. I even forgot the food! I'm sorry, and I'll-" her voice cracked and she rubbed her eyes, shaking her head as she rambled on.

"Uh-." Braeden held out a hand to stop her from whatever else she wanted to say. She glanced up, and stared for a minute until he spoke up.

"I don't care."

She'd never think those three words would be comforting to hear, but now as Braeden said them she didn't question why they did.

He offered a supporting smile to the girl, just like he usually always would, and her shoulders slumped down, not as tense as before and she returned the smile, sighing.

"Sorry, that was-"

"Why do you apologize so much?" He giggled a little as he asked this, watching her agape mouth that made his smile fade a little as he cleared his throat. "Don't. I don't mind at all. As long as you'd still like to go with me?"

"Even if you don't. I don't mind." He assured softly, his hands shaking as he held the flowers and Y/n's stare at him softened while she grabbed ahold of her bag, and her phone.

She passed him and on her way out, she grabbed ahold of his hand, deciding she'd like to hold it, and Braeden's eyes widened a little.

His breath hitched and he smiled as she led him down the porch steps. His grip on her hand tightened and hers did too.

"I can't believe you forgot the food." He playfully complained, handing her the flowers he had picked for her.

A little laugh from her made him feel better, less worried about her now. Braeden was the best for never audibly acknowledging the fact that she wasn't doing well, that's what comforted Y/n the most. She knew the mascara streaks were visible, she knew all of it was easy to tell. The way Braeden only attempted to make her feel better instead of continuously asking stupid questions like most would made it better.

The drive in was nice. It was peaceful in Braeden's car as they shared the stale popcorn.

"Did you know..." Y/n whispered as she leaned a little closer, looking up at Braeden, then immediately looking away as he looked down at her. "This is based off of Stephen King's book the Body?" Her movie knowledge was something she'd never shut up about, Braeden took notice to that ten minutes in.

He loved it though. "Really?" He shifted in his seat, now turning to her as if he was going to watch her the rest of the time instead of the movie.

"Uh huh." She nodded, still eating. "And..." as she went on, Braeden stared down at her, ignoring the scene of the heart to heart talk with Gordie and Chris.

Y/n knew he was watching her as she spoke, and she refused to look over because she knew it'd freak her out but once Braeden finally looked away she snuck a short look to admire his presence and looks.

And then, once he glanced back over she quickly turned away, Braeden noticing that, and Y/n knowing he did. Though she only looked over to send a smile, and he returned one. She hoped that covered it up.

It didn't.