Chapter 7

Southern POV

We could see what looked to be a Trench Abyssal fleet, in the distance. The ship girls were scrambling around. They looking like they were getting ready for battle. Blue and the others were still fleeing and I was about to join them, but I faintly heard Enterprise yelling something at me, but I couldn't make out what she was saying. But before she could release an energy bolt at me, we could hear loud splashing and the same blood curdling roar as before.

Enterprise changed her attention to where the roar came from, and I did as well. Whatever was traveling underwater beforehand had surfaced revealing its form to everyone. It was big, much bigger than the X-class around it, probably about 5 or 6 meters tall and maybe 6 or 7 meters wide. It seemed to be made from the same black steel that all other Abyssal monsters seemed to be made out of. The monster had four glowing red eyes with flames hovering around itself. It's mouth was large and like all other Abyssals I've seen so far, it had large blunt teeth. There were three large triple turrets on the creature from what I could see, probably battleship caliber guns, one on top of it, and two on either side of it. Many smaller guns adorned its sides in turrets that looked like the front part of an I-class had been taken off and mounted onto it. But one of the most notable things about it was the six large white tentacles, three on either side, that seemed to be propelling it forward at the moment. The creature looked like a monster from the pits of hell.

I froze for a few moments as I watched the creature charging in the direction of the ship girls. The ship girls started firing at it with barely any hesitation, but the creature's armor seemed incredibly tough as it seemed to barely even notice the attacks. Then something happened that made me feel like my stomach turned inside out, as one of the white tentacles of the creature reached out and picked one of the destroyer ship girls off the water's surface, and seemed to pull her in, towards its mouth.

I wanted to fire my guns to stop it, but the shells wouldn't reach in time, as when I had aimed my guns at the monster I was too late. As I and everyone there watched as the monster tossed the girl into its mouth. I looked away when I first saw its mouth slam shut, even from this distance, the sound of tearing metal could be heard.

Then I could hear yelling, from Enterprise and the other ship girls, to retreat back to base, and not to engage the monster. That they didn't have the power to defeat something like that. Then I could see Enterprise turn around to look at me, I stared at her in what I thought was a look of sorrow for the fate of the poor destroyer ship girl. Though I could see Enterprise seeming to hesitate for a moment before turning around and firing an energy bolt at the monster to distract it while her allies fell back.

I hesitated for a moment to join in, before I felt a hand grasping my right hand, and pulling me away from the battle. When I turned around I could see it was Blue, it looked like she had noticed I wasn't with her and the others and had come back for me. I turned to look at her face, and could just see a blank expression as she now sped up to take us away before the monster noticed us as well. But we didn't go anywhere, as I stayed still now, not wanting to damn the ship girls to that monster.

"We need to help them" I say.

Blue turned to look at me and shook her head "you already saw what they were going to do with us, Southern. We need to go while we are still unnoticed" again Blue tried pulling me along southwards away from battle, but like before we didn't move at all.

"I know" I say "but, we can't just damn them to that monster's stomach!" I now raise my voice, though not to a full yell "we don't need to defeat it, but perhaps we can just buy them some time"

"Southern look" Blue now says as she turns my head to look in the direction of the monster. I allow it and I can see the monster was now rampaging, but now its fleet joined in, and the entire scene looked like our chaos. As ship girls tried to flee, but got snatched up and either eaten by the monster, or literally torn to pieces by its underlings.