Chapter 32

Location Sunken's house, Time skip 1 day

A day had passed somewhat uneventfully, with Byrne coming back to Sunken and having a period of long silences, with him trying to make small talk. And the times they talked Sunken seemed resolute in not revealing anything important.

Now Sunken was left alone as Byrne was off at an important meeting with other Commanders and Admirals. Currently Sunken was watching an old news report on Hong Kong. The specific scene she rewatched over and over for a few minutes was video footage of Southern sparing Ooshio, and Wales. But after a while she continued onwards to see the devastation of Hong Kong.

She seemed apathetic to the destruction, and the casualties in the thousands, and injuries in the hundreds of thousands. The old news report also went into detail about how many have identified Southern War Princess as Yamato. But they also mentioned that Yamato's little sister Shinano had sunk some years beforehand. She became interested in that, knowing Southern was her sister. She thought that maybe she was Shinano. She tried remembering the date she woke up, and while she couldn't get the exact date, it was approximately the same time Shinano sank.

She sighed heavily as she turned the tv off and tried meditating on her past. She knew she had faint images when she woke up, but she had taken the Princess's advice, the one that first found her, that she shouldn't try doing that unless she wants to become very frustrated. But now she tried remembering those images more clearly.

She was in that state for a long time trying to pull back at those memories, and found them foggy, yet... That odd barrier she knew of didn't impede her when she tried remembering those images immediately before she woke up. She saw foggy figures seeming to be talking to each other, though she couldn't hear or see what they were saying or doing.

To her the meditating seemed like only a few minutes, but in fact she had actually been doing so for about an hour and a half. The longer she tried remembering the clearer the images, and the clearer the voices. But when one image showed clearly Yamato and Musashi, though not what they were saying, she saw a figure in the background that looked like they were made out of fog.

But then the figure seemed to teleport right in front of her face, and their eyes opened up to show glowing silver eyes. They seemed to say something, but it sounded too quiet. Until the figure said in a voice that sounded far away "please... wake me"

Sunken suddenly snapped out of her meditation and looked around confused. She didn't know what happened exactly, as it seemed the figure wasn't a part of the actual memory. But she was confused by what the figure said "please wake me" Sunken said to herself under her breath.

She let out a heavy sigh as she flopped backwards onto the bed. "What is happening?" She asked aloud. She thought about what just happened for a few minutes before sitting back up, and turning the tv back on to check if there was anything good on. But she was surprised to see that two hours had passed since she had turned the tv off.

She was confused for a few moments before shaking her head, and turned the TV off. She stood up and stretched for a moment before she decided to check out the rest of the house. She went into the kitchen and checked the fridge, seeing an assortment of different food items. She did the same with several cabinets and found some food, alongside different dishes. But now she sighed as she didn't know what to do. The only things she could think of was meditating some more, watching TV, or sleeping.

She let out a frustrated sigh and said to herself "when will that man be back?" She found herself thinking of Byrne for a few moments, like how he acted quite casually with her, and how he seemed to act quite kind. For a moment she thought he might actually have her best interests in mind. But she snapped out of it, and slapped herself gently before saying to herself "no Sunken, he's just going to throw you away after you've lost your usefulness" she groaned now in frustration as she looked out the kitchen window into the backyard "how do I escape?"