Chapter 41

Time skip 20 minutes

Now the four previous Southern Trench generals alongside Scarlet, Sunken, Eima, Eiki, Northern Trench Princess, and Enterprise could be seen on the deck of the JS Kaga. The sun had risen higher so the sky was starting to lighten up. The mood seemed tense, as the majority of the fleet, the monster Abyssals, the Ra-class, and Southern herself had all disappeared somewhere to the south.

Enterprise now sighed as she leaned against the superstructure of the JS Kaga. Though now she said "say again what happened, this all is still so confusing"

Now Java, who was opposite of Enterprise, said "while the exact details are unknown, Southern and Blue were somehow attacked by a Techno Abyssal. We guess that she was trying to take out Southern, but got Blue instead. Because of this Blue died, and Southern fled somewhere southward" She sighed before continuing "knowing her speed, she is at least 16 kilometers away, though contacting her has failed so far. We only connected with her once and she said 'leave me alone'. She took all of the monster Abyssals except for one X-class which was damaged and was being repaired"

Now Sunken said in a sad voice "what do we do? Without Southern, or even one of the Ra-class, we stand little chance at even winning"

Enterprise sighed before she stopped leaning against the superstructure "we can't go head on like we were. Since our fleet is smaller we need to attack differently. Small jabbing strikes at them would work better. Or we try to divide and conquer, if we can get an isolated group of them. We can't rely on Southern coming back"

"Then we should turn Southeastward towards Britain to join up with their fleet, to bolster our numbers" Java said.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Time skip 2 days, Location somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean

Now Southern could be seen on top of Ranna's main turret. The monster Abyssals that had followed her now formed a massive fleet around herself. But Southern was in the fetal position and she was crying. Not as hard as before, but still.

Her mind went back to those final moments and she thought of different ways she could've stopped it. But she couldn't change what had happened, Blue was dead and she couldn't do anything to change that. But she was confused as she was overwhelmed by a mixture of grief and anger. But she wasn't alone.

Besides her was Yamato, who despite her looks, was grieving just like Southern. But... she could tell something was happening, she just wished it didn't happen like that.

Then Yamato seemed to cool down and said in a calm tone "she'll be back, but... whether it takes hours or years is the problem. Until then... we can avenge her"

Yamato's form seemed to dissolve and surrounded Southern completely. Both could tell what was happening, their wills were aligned, they'd soon be one. She stopped crying, though it didn't mean she wasn't grieving. But before she changed she saw something appear in front of her.

She saw Ranna, not her monster form, but her Abyssal form, the form she had seen when she touched her wisdom cube appear out of nowhere. She calmly bowed to Southern before looking up. She smiled and said "thank you for letting me remember" Then a massive pillar of light shot up into the sky, and surrounded the entire fleet.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Location Reykjavik

Charybdis could be seen floating in the air above her massive form beneath her. She looked southward at the distant beam of light. She smiled as she said "so it has finally happened" she chuckled now. "Battleship Princess, prepare the fleet. We're going on the offensive"