Chapter 14

location Challenger deep

The body of Maya, a heavy cruiser of the Sakura Empire, could be seen lying motionless on the floor of Challenger deep. She wasn't alive, her eyes stared lifelessly at the pitch black ocean around her, while her destroyed riggings surrounded her. Her clothes were torn to shreds, and she was missing her legs below the knees. Her sword laid on the ground not far from her, perhaps 20 or so meters away, stuck in the sand of the Trench.

The area around her seemed devoid of any life, but soon something could be seen creeping up on the Maya's wreck. A Po-class frigate seemed to wander by Maya, and stopped momentarily to examine her wreck. It extended its hidden tentacles and moved parts of her riggings out of the way. But then the much longer tentacles of an X-class appeared out of the darkness and wrapped around Maya's body, for a few seconds. It didn't move her from where she was, and soon it let go of her, then the X-class' tentacles disappeared as it moved away. The Po-class lingered for a minute before it left Maya's wreck as well. Then a few minutes later something happened to Maya's body.

Her skin turned pale white, her hair turned black, her dog ears and tail disappeared, and her clothes seemed to grow and molded into a new pair of clothes. Then a metal tail seemed to form from her back. Bones started to form where her legs once were, then flesh replaced the space where there once was none. Within a minute her once severed legs had reformed completely like they were always there. When all was said and done, she looked similar to Eika, now she was an Ei-class heavy cruiser of the Trench. Her sword nearby also seemed to transform.

Its silver blade turned black as night, its golden guard turned white, and the grip turned an oriental pattern of black and white. Then it disappeared from the tip of the blade to the grip in a swirl of golden flames that drifted upwards before dissipating.

Then a few minutes went by, before... the transformed Maya... opened her eyes, showing that they were a crimson red.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Location Yokosuka Naval Base, Time skip 1 day after attack on Hong Kong

Musa could be seen walking around the main part of the base right around where the dorms were. She noticed that the base seemed more active than usual, after what happened to Hong Kong, they thought they needed to, to protect the base and the surrounding cities. Though she also noticed something that made her curious, not only was the base more active, there were many new faces to be seen.

She could see Atago and Takao talking with two women dressed in blue outfits, one having long blonde hair, the other one having short black hair. Zuikaku and Shoukaku were much the same, with a woman who looked very similar to the Shoukaku, except for a few features, clothing, and their eyes, and a woman with green hair and similar clothing was there as well. This applied for basically all the ship girls there, as many new faces, who were actually the newly made ship girls were being trained by their veteran counterparts. Musa knew that with the attack on Hong Kong, that their training would most likely be rushed so that they could immediately get on the front lines.

Though Musa was just happily walking along the pathways, until she had a newspaper thrown into her face. She flailed by the surprise of getting a newspaper to the face, and for several seconds couldn't see anything, and at the same time she heard a familiar voice yelling "extra extra! Abyssal Princess spares ship girls after attacking Hong Kong!"

When Musa had finally pulled the newspaper off her face she saw Aoba, of the Sakura Empire, alongside another girl who had light purple hair, and was wearing a sailor outfit, holding newspapers, and yelling the previous mention sentence "hey what is this all about?" Musa asked in a slightly grumpy tone, after all she did get a newspaper to the face suddenly.