Chapter 36

Time skip 20 minutes, location Pearl Harbor

Now Lanai's fleet could be seen in the mouth of the harbor. Missouri was submerged, only a little bit of its radar seemed to be above water. The monster destroyers all seemed to be sunk, and the ship girls lined either side of the harbor's mouth, with too much damage to fight. The military base and the city seemed devastated as Lanai's jets bombed them.

Lanai herself could be seen on the water just off to the coast, as she saw an odd sight. Byrne held an experimental rifle, that was supposed to be able to harm Abyssals and Sirens, but was ineffective. Several soldiers, and other desperate base personnel were around him, some dead, others alive but in agony. Byrne stood still at the sight of Lanai, despite her changes, he saw that she was Ticonderoga. She stared curiously for a few moments before her face seemed flushed of all emotions, and she aimed a cannon at Byrne.

Then a loud screeching sound could be heard, as what looked like an isopod about the size of a large van burst out of the water, and grabbed a hold of a Tau-class. As mentioned it looked similar to that of a giant Isopod, grey metal plates seemed to cover the top of its body while the rest of its body looked black, ten smaller legs held it up. There were four scythe-like arms at the front of it. On its back looked to be a single 127mm/54 cal gun turret that resembled the same gun style in the 1960s. At the very back of it were two missile boxes poking out of its armor. It's eyes glowed a dark blue flame.

It's four forward facing scythe like arms seemed to have broken through the Tau-class and it now seemed to toss it around. The Tau-class was unable to do anything about this, and Lanai was too shocked to react. But now the strange Abyssal aimed its main gun point blank, at the Tau-class and fired multiple rounds into it, damaging it more so than even the Missouri had seemed capable of. But it didn't kill the Tau-class, so it seemed to struggle before ripping it in half. It roared now before more of the strange Abyssals seemed to come out of nowhere, to engage the Tau-class.

Lanai turned away from Byrne and was about to fire on the strange Abyssals when something shocking happened. Again seemingly out of nowhere, Missouri appeared, and landed a punch to Lanai's face. Time seemed to move in slow motion as Lanai was knocked off balance. She stumbled slightly before getting her footing.

Missouri now stood, several meters away with a huge grin on her face. She laughed as she said "hah, I didn't think this would happen, oh but this feels so good. Hahah, I like that I can now grind you to a pulp with those ship girls"

Lanai glared at Missouri and said "Who are you?"

"USS Missouri BB-63" after she said this a loud splashing could be heard, as Missouri's ship suddenly surfaced, now repaired. The part where the bow had been torn off was replaced with what looked to be black steel, and any other damages seemed repaired, but the metal seemed to twist and contort before the ship started to turn back to its World War 2 configuration. But Missouri seemed to hold an aura of her own, that glowed crimson red. The armaments that didn't have the materials to form were formed by Missouri's Aura.

"You won't win against me" Lanai said.

"Oh I actually know that" Missouri said "I just did that to buy her time"

"Her?"

"Her" Missouri calm said as she looked behind Lanai. Suddenly an overwhelming pressure filled the air, as Lanai cautiously turned around.

She saw Sunken, now dressed in a black dress that ended at her mid thigh, though a clearer fabric like thin continued down but ended just before her feet, her black steel boots seemed smoother and more elegant looking, her gauntlets were replaced with black gloves that ended mid way up her upper arm. A black horn that curved slightly was now on the right side of her head, with purple cracks in it. Her eyes seemed to have turned slightly more purple, though still seemed closer to red in color. A deep purple aura covered her entire body and monster riggings.