Chapter 22

Southern POV, Location Guam

Blue and I started walking towards the coastline, after hearing what Ranna said about the Southern Trench Princess coming to meet me. Though I could see Blue glanced back at the building, we were previously in, for a second before turning back, and then wrapping her arm around mine, again.

After walking for a few minutes, we were close to the coastline, and Southern Trench Princess could be seen off in the distance. "Hey, I'm wondering" I said "why do you like having your arm around mine?"

"w-why?" She asked in a worried tone "Do you dislike me doing it?" After she spoke she loosened her grip on my arm, and seemed worried that I didn't like it.

"No, I don't mind it, Blue. You don't have to worry about that. I was just wondering is all" I say.

She let out a sigh of relief and her grip on me went back to normal. She paused for a moment before she spoke "because I find it comforting, and I feel safe to be beside you. I'm just a carrier is all, and while I know I'm kinda hard to fight against now, I still find a safe feeling being around you. A friend, that I know would help me if I got into trouble"

"Blue..." I hesitated as I now felt a wanting to not only ask her if she loved me, but also to tell her that I loved her. But that wanting had to be put on hold, as I now noticed Southern Trench Princess, arriving on the shoreline.

She was about the same height as Blue, and had crimson red eyes, and long white wavy hair. She wore an odd grey short dress that went to her mid thigh. Behind her was a giant monster that was covered in black steel plates of armor, that made it look like a knight. It was perhaps 4 or 5 meters in height. Its white skin could be seen through where different black steel plates met, the clearest view was its feet, where thick elephant-like feet touched the water, showing several centimeters of its feet. It's head had a tall peaked black helmet that probably extended its height about a meter higher if it didn't have it, though its face was hidden behind the helmet, only its two glowing crimson eyes could be seen, through thin slits. Attached to the monster's arms were three large twin turrets that looked battleship caliber. The monster seemed to hold a giant black sword that fit the proportions to itself. Attached to Southern Trench Princess herself, via a white looking monster arm that to attach to her back, was a fourth battleship turret that hung to her right side.

Southern Trench Princess was escorted by an X-class and a Po-class. After the Two monster Abyssals saw us, they departed and seemed to go back to their patrol.

Southern Trench gazed at Blue for a moment before looking to me. She let out a sigh as she now stepped onto the ground "I see that you're still alive and well, Blue Flame Princess. And you seem to have made some friends"

Blue nodded and said "yes, have"

Now Southern Trench looked sat me and asked "are you, the one I've heard is called Southern War Princess?"

I nodded and said "yes I am, and I presume that you're Southern Trench Princess"

"I am" she said "I've heard about you and your recent accomplishments" now she walked closer to us, till she was only about a meter away, though her monster riggings stayed behind at the water's edge "I came to see you for myself, as one of the three Trench Princesses, it is... how should I put it?" Now she paused for a moment before saying "odd to see such a young Abyssal as yourself to tame a Ra-class"

"Ah, that?" I said "well it was hard, but in the end Ranna was very happy, that I freed her"

Southern Trench stood there with a puzzled look on her face "freed... her? What do you mean by that?"