Chapter 40

Location Pearl Harbor

Enterprise, Missouri and a mixture of ship girls and Trench Abyssals had been watching what transpired. Though they were watching from a news camera and didn't catch the first time few minutes. But what had happened surprised them, seeing the attack and the Patch almost losing.

Murmuring could be heard from the ship girls and Trench Abyssals. As it didn't seem ship girls were completely helpless against Techno Abyssals, and by proxy Trench Abyssals. Though the Trench Abyssals were most surprised as for a few years they seemed completely unsinkable. Well unless they were tricked and killed while their guard was down.

"Well..." Missouri said now "seems the Techno Abyssals aren't unbeatable" now she got looked at strangely from several people.

"What is a Techno Abyssal?" Enterprise asked.

"Well that thing was. It's because they're all futuristic looking"

"Uh huh"

"Now what is this commotion?" A voice said out of nowhere. Enterprise and Missouri looked over and saw Samoa walking in. She seemed interested in why there was a gathering between a fair amount of ship girls and Abyssals, though because she kept her eyes closed it was hard to exactly tell that.

"Oh, Samoa a Techno Abyssal attacked Wilhelmshaven" Missouri said.

Now Samoa stopped and looked at the tv. She seemed to stand silently, as the video now showed highlights of the battle while the hosts were commenting on it. "Hmm, that must be Patchwork. Hmm..." she paused for a moment "despite the outcome, this doesn't bode well. We can't wait any longer"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Time skip 40 minutes

Now after what had happened in Wilhelmshaven, Byrne and Sunken were notified. And now Sunken alongside Enterprise were on their way to inform Southern, as most thought it wasn't good to wait to start traveling towards Iceland.

The two were currently silent as they walked through the hallways of Challenger, with Enterprise following Sunken. It was quite awkward actually. But now they seemed to get to Southern's room, where she hesitated for a moment before knocking on the door and saying "Sister Southern, it's me, Sunken. Somethings happened"

There was a moment before they could hear faintly "hold on, let me get dressed!" It sounded like Southern. After a minute or two the door opened slightly and they could see Southern now dressed, though really only in her panties and her shirt, she didn't have her gauntlet or stockings on. Though Sunken saw what looked like a hickey on Southern's shoulder. Then she asked casually "What is it?"

"The Abyssals attacked, Wilhelmshaven in the human nation of Germany"

"What?" She seemed more serious and alert now.

"They attacked just an hour ago. Though the attack was repulsed. The rest of the fleet saw it and many think we should move out now"

Southern seemed to think for a moment before saying "what time is it?"

"about 8 PM" Enterprise now said, which surprised Southern as she hadn't noticed her. For a moment she didn't recognize Enterprise before remembering her from Midway.

But now Southern thought and muttered to herself "we'd move out in 10 hours, and it'd take us 4 days to get to the Panama Canal, and another 5 days to Iceland...." she paused for a moment before asking "would the people at the Panama Canal be prepared for us to come 10 hours early?"