Chapter 24

Southern POV, time skip 7 hours, location above the Southern Trench A.K.A The Mariana Trench

So we had decided that I, Sunshine, and Blue would take a trip to the Southern Trench. We'd also be accompanied by four Po-class, four I-class, and two X-class. Ranna really wanted to come with me, but told her that it'd be better for her to protect the others, and to protect our base, since she would be really scary to anyone who's hostile.

Now Blue, Sunshine and I, along with the monster Abyssals, could be seen sailing the open ocean, and the sky could be seen to be getting dark. It was hard trying to get Sunshine to not run away, as she wanted to move around. But the last time I let her swim around she got lost and I had to order the monster Abyssals to find her. Currently I was sitting next to Blue on her riggings, and I held Sunshine who was trying to squirm out of my hold, on my lap.

"Sunshine, I can't let you go" I said "when I let you swim around you got lost"

"Ah, but the water's so warm, mommy! It feels really good!" She exclaimed as she continued to try to squirm out of my hold.

I sigh frustrated before I get an idea to try and calm her down, or at least to get her to stop squirming "then I'll give you options Sunshine. If you behave then I'm sure the Southern Trench Abyssals won't mind playing with you. But if you don't behave then you're going to have to stay with mommy the whole time, doing boring stuff"

Suddenly she stops squirming and looks up at me by bending back "you'd do something like that?" She said in a frantic voice, but not a full on yell.

"If you don't behave properly, I will" I say in a serious voice. Immediately she nods fast before at least seeming to not move her body, but I can still feel that she really wants to play around.

Though now I hear Blue give a chuckle "Well this certainly has been more eventful then one of our normal voyages"

I let out a sigh, as I now put a hand on Sunshine's head to pat her. I looked over at Blue as I said "Yeah... it certainly is" now when I look back down at Sunshine I can see she is very much enjoying the headpats. So I decide to try something, I stop with the pats and slowly move my hand away. Very quickly Sunshine grabbed my hand and placed it back on her head. I smiled seeing her so happy from something so simple as headpats.

Though within a few minutes I have to stop, as we now stopped moving "sorry, Sunshine I'll have to stop for now. Because, now we dive" I say as I stand up, summoning my riggings. Oddly enough Sunshine can stand on the water with no apparent need for riggings, so she's holding my hand as she stares up at my riggings "make sure you're holding my hand alright? I don't want to lose you down in the deep"

"Alrighty! I'll do that mommy!" She exclaimed happily.

Now I looked towards Blue "are you ready, Blue?"

"Yes I am" she said calmly, as I could already see her riggings sinking beneath the surface.

Now my legs, and Sunshine's legs could be sinking beneath the surface "alright then let's go" I say. Once I'm about waist deep I dive downwards, while holding onto Sunshine. I could see Blue beside me, and the monster Abyssals around us. Beneath us is what looked to be a never ending ocean, that we dove into.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Timeskip 45 minutes

It took some time, almost an hour to finally get to the Trench, but after an uneventful dive, we could finally see one of its towering walls of the Trench. The odd thing for me was that I realized I could see much further than I thought. I could see a kilometer or two around me, and there was only a slight blue tint to it. To be honest it was kind of terrifying 20 or so minutes ago, as up there I could almost see the entire width of the Trench.