Chapter 29

Time skip 4 hours, location Hong Kong

The ship girls that weren't too damaged could now be seen to be helping humans at cleaning up the damages of the battle that happened just a few hours ago. By now Southern's fleet was almost 200 kilometers away, and because of the large ships which could carry some of the slower Abyssals, they were leaving much faster. The red wisdom cube of Southern Trench Princess had stayed in its place because most everyone was too scared to touch it. That was until Akagi went down to recover it.

She walked into the room and found four human soldiers alongside Hanazuki stationed there to guard the cube. She saw it almost as soon as she went in, and walked closer. She was there to retrieve it, and as such had a container she was supposed to put it in. But as she came closer she found the cube seeming to speak, not to her, but voices speaking could be heard. What they were talking about wasn't clear, but as she was now next to it she cautiously touched it, which led her to being sent to a mirror like ocean. She looked around and now saw Southern Trench Princess several meters away, alongside another person.

The other person was a tall woman with dark hair with a slightly purplish tint, she had red eyes, a large bust, and most notably two fox ears and nine fox tails; she was a kitsune. She wore a white kimono with purple and red patterns. She seemed to hold an air of seriousness and pride to herself.

She seemed like she was about to say something when she noticed Akagi "oh, it seems like we have a visitor. Hello Akagi" Southern Trench Princess turned around and tilted her head when she saw Akagi.

"What Who are you? How do you know my name?" Akagi asked frantically as she tried to summon her riggings, but found she was unable to.

"Heh, how would I not know? You were one to survive, unlike I or Amagi in that treaty"

Akagi was ticked off at the stranger's sudden mention of Amagi in such a casual tone "What?! Answer me now! Who are you?!"

Now the stranger's tone shifted to a terrifying one, and the mirror-like ocean switched to an ocean littered with wrecks of sinking ships. "I am the battleship Totomi, first of my class of battleships. I was forgotten amongst my own people, even after I came back in the flesh, and died in the flesh" now she let out a dark chuckle "seems some things never change"

"Perhaps we shouldn't treat her like that" Southern Trench now said "you yourself saw how unknown the Trench Abyssals were for so long. She might be able to get us out of this predicament"

"Wait, Who are you?" Akagi said as she pointed at Southern Trench.

"I am Southern Trench Princess, lead- former leader of the Southern Trench"

"Wait then what is your relationship with her?" Now Akagi pointed to Totomi.

"We're one and the same in a way. We inhabit the same wisdom cube, and share certain things together. However I didn't fully know this until I was dead. I did learn a little from Southern War Princess, with whoever her ship girl side is. But it is my belief that all ship girls have an Abyssal side, that just hasn't awakened yet"

Akagi tilted her head in confusion "you're not making any sense to me"

"Hmm, I see. It... is hard to explain. Perhaps if your Abyssal side ever awakens you'll understand"

Now before they could continue talking Akagi was suddenly forced out of the cube, and got knocked onto the ground. She was disoriented for a moment until she saw a massive hole in the roof. She looked around and saw all the guards knocked to the ground, including Hanazuki. When she looked for the wisdom cube she saw Purifier, with a massive grin on her face, and the wisdom cube floating above her hand.