20

Coraline Chambers

As she tried to focus, she shook her head quickly before walking outside.

She doubled over, her hands resting on her knees as she breathed hard.

"It's going to be okay, he's—they're going to be okay." She whispered to herself, quickly standing up as a car pulled up in front of her.

Allie, Luke, Clark and Will stepped out.

"What's going on Coraline?" Luke asked, running up to her shaking body. She just shrugged as she choked back her sobs. "Everyone is throwing up blood, we already lost Chris, the boy from the church and now Jason, Gwen and Jessica are in there. And so is Harry." She explained to them as Allie came over and rubbed her back. "Will I need you to call Bean, Elle, Helena and Lucas. And I want y'all all to start reading the medical books. Whatever this is..." she stopped for a second, looking around at them. "It's a killer. And it's not gonna stop at anyone. Okay?" She ordered him.

Cory told Luke and Clark to go in there and help Kelly and Gordie with whatever they needed. Then she pulled Allie in and took her to a private room.

"You need to separate people and set up a service so we can still get people their food. Nobody needs to leave their houses. We need to quarantine as fast as possible. Okay? This isn't spreading through touch. This is airborne." Cory told her firmly, pacing around the room

"I believe you Cory, but how do you know? Are you sure this isn't poison again?"

"Harry hadn't left the house in days, nor have we had anyone over. Viruses normally take a week to incubate in the body Allie. And nobody is showing symptoms of it until they start throwing up blood." She explained harshly. "But Cory, that just proves that it could be poison."

"No, we took a blood sample from Chris this morning, he was feeling a bit better and we swabbed him and everything. There were red blood cells, no white blood cells. Whatever this is, it's killing everything in their body slowly, quietly. You need to have a meeting tonight and tell anyone that feels even a tiny scratch in their throat to stay in their rooms and not come out. You need to tell EVERYONE to stay in their rooms. Okay? Do you understand me?" Allie nodded fast, standing up.

Allie walked out, Cory following before breaking off and going to Jason.

"Drink some more. You need to stay hydrated." Cory whispered, pouring another cup of Pedialyte.

He laughed loudly at the video, rewinding it.

Cory was seen on the screen trying to carve a pumpkin.

"Dammit dad! Why is this so difficult!" She cursed loudly.

Oscar laughed, watching as the table shook.

"Kid, you need to be gentle." He advised in the video, walking over to her.

Oscar sniffled, taking another bite of his tv dinner.

He missed his girl, his baby. He hadn't set foot in her room, feeling like she was with him the most in his own room or on the couch.

He sighed, wheeling into the kitchen and dumping the food into the trash.

He groaned as his phone began to ring, picking it up as he wheeled back into the living room.

"Hello?" He whispered into the phone, leaning his head back.

"Sheriff Chambers, you need to come to the hospital right now." Karen said over the phone, voices loud in the back.

"I can't just wheel over there Karen." He scoffed, throwing himself into the mechanical wheelchair.