16

Oscar & Coraline Chambers

"Cassandra, please tell us. Where were you?" Oscar asked again as Cassandra walked over to the couch.

"The day of the trip, after we left, we must have driven for hours, when we stopped, it was night, raining hard. We were back in West Ham. Only, it wasn't West Ham. I-I don't know where we were, but it was just like home. With no adults, nobody else. Just us, everyone on those buses. The drivers left, as soon as we got off, and we were all alone." She began the explanation, looking between the three adults. "But, we continued to live. We worked it all out. Luke Holbrook and a couple other people went out to find other people. Emily Warner died that day, from a snake bite. After that, we tried to make it through. We had meetings almost every day to figure it out, I made a work list and things were going according to plan." She paused, looking over at Oscar.

"Coraline helped me through it all, she was there for me. My best friend." She smiled at the thought of her.

Oscar nodding, crying with a wide smile at her words.

"Kelly Aldrich then proposed to have prom, so we did. We all danced all night, had fun. Afterwards, I was cleaning up the trash. Once I was leaving to go home, Greg Dewey and Lexie Pemberton shot and killed me. Then, I woke up in Hartford. And I asked whoever I could for a ride back. It took me a few days but I got here about 20 minutes ago, I haven't even seen my parents yet. Just went home to get my moms car." She explained, wiping her tears.

Karen shook her head in disbelief.

"No. You don't just die then come back to life. Where were you Cassandra? Emily is here! She's been here! Don't lie to us!" Karen raised her voice.

Cassandra looked at her, shocked. "I'm not lying! Look!" Cassandra retorted, lifting her shirt up to showcase her bruised torso.

"Get out." Beth yelled, pushing the girl away.

Oscar looked between the three of them in disbelief.

"Don't y'all want to see them again?" Cassandra scoffed, crossing her arms.

"Yes. But you're spouting lies, Cassandra. Go home, clean up." Karen told her, wiping her eyes.

Cassandra shook her head, turning around and leaving.

Oscar shook his head at Karen, following Cassandra quickly.

"Hey! Wait, please wait. Cassandra, I want to hear more." He called out, gasping as she stopped and faced him.

"Want me to take you home?" Cassandra asked, smiling as he nodded.

The two drove to the Chambers house in silence, Cassandra marveling at the sight of children and parents walking through the streets.

Once they got in, Cassandra sat down quietly, Oscar roughly and shakily moving onto the couch.

"Please Cassandra, just tell me about Cory." Oscar begged, taking a sip of water.

"Well first, I want to explain New Ham. When I died, it was July 23rd. Months passed by like minutes, one second here, in the real world, is like a week there." She explained, shaking her head as he offered her a water.

"Now, onto Cor. She helped me with my heart problems, and was always on my side. She and Harry finally got together, he's living with her now. They're really really happy, but she misses you like hell."

Her words made Oscar cry for his daughter, just wanting to hold his baby again.

"Do you-Do you think she's okay?" Oscar asked quietly, looking over at her. She nodded with a smile. "Of course Sheriff, she has Harry."  She told him.