6

Caroline Chambers

"It's just. Fuck! I don't understand how I'm supposed to get up and serves these assholes food everyday!" Harry exclaimed angrily, pulling on his hair. Cory stopped him, pulling his hands away from his hair. "That is life, babe. These assholes are gonna be in your shoes one day and you have to decide to be better than them, okay?" She asked, holding his face so he would look at her. "Harry. You're going to be okay." She assured him, pulling him into a tight hug. He gripped her back, never wanting to let go.

"HARRY! Let's go!" A girl yelled from the serving line. As he was about to walk away she stopped him and pulled him in for a sloppy kiss. "You're gonna be okay. Just think, Prom is tonight and you don't have to work till Monday." She whispered, kissing his cheek and returning to her table.

She gave Elle a smile as she began to eat her salad, "how has ballet been?" Cory asked Elle, watching as her gaze shifted to behind her.

Cory turned around and saw Campbell making his way over. She scoffed and rolled her eyes, "for fucks sakes." She mumbled, turning back around.

"Hey, Sloane." He smiled at her evilly. Cory stood up and flipped him off, "Fuck you, Campbell." She scoffed, throwing away her salad. And storming out of the cafeteria.

She drove over to the pressman house and began to get ready with them. Each of their looks slowly coming together.

Harry sat on the lawn chair, pissed off, annoyed, humiliated.

"Try to make one, Travis. Just one." Jason told the boy, handing him a golf club.

Travis took it and gave it another go.

"Erika will be here in a few." Jason said, opening another beer. "You two really going to the prom?" Tyler asked him, watching Travis fail. Jason turned and looked at him, nodding. "Yeah. She wants to. And I'm a good fucking boyfriend." He smirked. "Damn. I didn't realize you were as desperate as the rest of them to pretend like this was totally fucking normal." Tyler spoke again, failing to get the ball into the hole

"You going to have graduation next week, too?" Tyler asked him, looking up.

"Harry, are you gonna go?" Dewey asked the boy who was still staring at the ground. Harry nodded, pointing at the suit he had on and rolling his eyes.

"You know what? You guys are just jealous that you ain't got dates." Jason spoke up, pointing at the other 3 boys. Harry nodded slowly with a smirk.

"Where's Kelly?" Tyler asked. Harry rolled his eyes as he missed again. "Haven't you heard? He's been fuckin' the sheriffs daughter." Jason said, laughing loudly. Travis smirked.

Harry rolled his eyes, flipping Jason off. "She's already fucking you and y'all aren't dating? Nasty hoe." Tyler smirked not expecting Harry to jump up and throw his beer to the ground. "Shut the fuck up man. You have no fucking idea what's going on with us." He spat as he walked towards him. Jason held him back as Tyler laughed and rolled his eyes.

"Just stating the obvious. Heard she let Luke hit it freshman year." Tyler spoke again, falling to the ground as Harry's fist connected with his jaw.

"Man will you ever learn to shut the fuck up?" Travis asked Tyler, helping him up.

"She's just frustrating at times cause she fucking follows Cassandra around like a puppy dog. And it's just like she's my girlfriend and here I am, giving up my humility to please her as Cassandra fucking drags us through the mud." Harry spat, twirling the club.

Dewey looked at him, thinking.

"I fucking love Cory. But Cassandra's a damn problem." He spoke again, feeling a weight lift off his shoulders as he spoke. "Like-Like now that she and Cassandra are best friends, Cory fucking goes and checks the work schedule and goes to committee meeting every night." He scoffed.