01 - Intro

The last 3 years of my life have changed a lot and who knows, maybe It'll be even more different soon? To bring you all up to where I'm standing now, I'll dedicate this chapter to a little flashback on what happened so far.

My name is Y/N. I'm currently 20 years old and live in Seoul. I'm not originally from there, but I somehow fell in love with the Korean culture and then ended up moving there with only 19 years. Why? Because I'm a streamer, a fairly big one. Big enough to live off streaming, but not big enough to have a lot of collaborations. I actually don't do collabs for one reason and one reason only: The awful drama.

Whatever, back to the story. I never really listened to one specific genre of music until one day my stream told me to watch some K-Pop Music Videos and I was flashed to say THE LEAST. The concepts, the songs and the VISUALS. I was hooked from the moment they showed me a lot of BTS and Blackpink MV's. Slowly but surely, I got more into single fandoms, then more groups and now I would say I fell in love with everything in South Korea.

I always wanted to move away from home and right then and there I got an offer from a Korean viewer of mine, to move into her old apartment in Seoul for way less rent than any other person would have gotten it for. Weird right? Not that much, as she is a very respected member of my moderators, and I would trust her with much more than just my home and address.

After some more weeks of discussions and tears with family and friends it was time for me to move hours away from home, all alone. Was that a stupid decision? Perhaps. Did I and do I still have troubles communicating with the locals? Yup, a lot. Would I say it's worth it? HECK YEAH.

As soon as I moved even my streams have gotten more popular with people all around the world. Many told me they see it as a save space for all their worries, opinions and the troubles of living far away from home. In my streams I encourage all people to be sincere about their own opinion, which in the K-Pop Community is often overlooked by views and wins (sadly). Somehow that got me to the point of people trusting me a lot and wanting me to do MV reactions almost daily.

Moving on to something maybe more interesting... My experiences so far. My moderator helped me a bit and taught me the basics of Hangul, the Korean Language. I'm really bad with learning languages so that is still kind of hard for me, which is why I'll always stay with English streaming. That doesn't really affect a lot of people as I was told many try to learn English from my streams. Most of them don't realize tho, that this isn't my first language either... please don't tell them.

---

So now you should be somewhat up-to-date. From here I'll stop writing only in Y/N's POV and also bring in a third person perspective to keep it a bit more interesting hehe

---

* 버린 겨울 호수 위로*
*두꺼운 얼음이 얼었네*

My phone started to play the second verse of Singularity by V as I put that as my alarm clock. Now slowly waking up I immediately put a stop to V's voice and sighed out loud. Putting my favorite song as my alarm wasn't really a good decision. The first thing I did after waking up was checking my phone and seeing how another one of ny reactions slowly started to blow up.

Not a lot of people really work for me, but enough to cut your streams into short videos and upload them to YouTube. This time a video of myself went viral of me reacting to IVE latest comeback 'After Like'. That's when a little smile formed on my face.

"I came so far by doing what I love... damn..." I whispered in my morning voice before standing up and getting into some clothes. It was the end of summer and therefore extremely hot in my apartment. Sleeping with clothes on was never really my thing anyway. In winter I'd just sleep underneath 3-4 blankets but still no clothes on my body.

Now it was time for my normal morning routine, just that it isn't really morning hours but 1 pm. Streaming works the best in the evening/night hours, so I had to follow my natural sleeping routine, what a bummer.

Cough IRONY Cough.

After finishing off everything I put on some of my normal makeup which might be a lot to others but was routine for me. Brows, a nice graphic liner and some juicy lips, just lovely.

I looked at my phone: 1:46 pm – time to decide what to stream! To find out what I'm going to stream I looked back at what I had already streamed this week and decided to go for a chill gaming stream playing one of an all-time favorite game: Stardew Valley. Let's see where we go from there. A fixed schedule was never really my thing, so I always decided spontaneously what to do once the red button started blinking.

But on today's stream something is going to happen which will change my life forever.

~Stream starting soon~

That's what my viewers saw in the first few minutes before the screen turned to a game capture of Stardew Valley with a little box filled with my face in a cam in the bottom left. On top of that was a chat box so the viewers felt more included.

After talking to the viewers, a bit and playing the game in a casual way I decided to put on some music in the background and viewers can eventually manipulate the playlist by subscribing and choosing a song that follows up. The mostly played K-Pop songs tho which wasn't really a surprise.

3 hours went by very quickly and I started to lose a bit interest in the game as suddenly the chat started to escalate. I wasn't really paying attention to chat as I was really trying my best to catch a fish.

° @fishface: OMG WHAT

°@pinkyBlack: WHA----???!?

°@KPoppie: NO WAY

°@SunghoonedBro: I- WHAT

...

I looked at chat and then my game confused about what happened so suddenly. "What happened? I missed the fish again why are you freaking out? Did I do something wrong?", I now asked confused as Chat is still freaking out, not telling me why.

°@Blumentopf: DON'T TELL ME YOU DIDN'T JUST SEE THAT

°@JiminiBapo: ARE YOU BLIND

°@OnceFor8: NO WAY LMAOOOO

...

Now they really got onto my nerves, and I started laughing frustrated. "Ayo peeps, if you don't tell me what happened I'll never know! Stop pranking me and fucking tell meeeeee", I said rather sad and confused then amused. With a slight pout on my lips, I try to figure out what they are trying to tell me until I got a bunch of discord messages on my server.

I switched your stream setup to discord and my facecam, so other people who might have missed will now also get their clarification and I couldn't believe your eyes.

The short clip I got sent was only 3 seconds long and it took a few rewatches to figure it out but when I did my mouth flew open.

In the clip there was one single message that caught the attention.

°@StrayKidsOffical: Fishing looks so hard D: You got this!

"EXCUSE ME WHAT", I now screamed with eyes as big as tomatoes. "NAH YOU'RE JOKING HOLUP".

In a few, very very fast clicks I managed to open my Viewer settings to check and that really was the real Stray Kids Account? WTF?