14 - Beginnings

My eyes felt crusty, my lips are dry, my ears are making a high unbearable sound, but I couldn't move. The only thing I could move were my eyelids. I slowly opened them, but closed them immediately after being blinded by the awfully bright lights facing me. I groaned a bit as I was uncomfortable, which ended up in a sound coming from my right.

"Oh my god Y/N, are you awake?", I heard a male voice call out to me. Y/N?

~POV Change to Changbin~

I've been in this hospital for 3 straight days, but I never lost my hope. I know how strong she is and I know she can pull through this too. All these years she had more Hashtags trending about her than I could count, not a lot of them were positive. Even worse were those stupid news channels trying to make her look like a fool for moving to Korea, but never were they discouraging her and she always continued doing what she loved the most.

I closed my eyes and stretched when I heard a noise from her bed. Did she just... make a sound? I called a doctor through one of the many buttons on her bed and tried talking to her, but she only could open her eyes and look at me perplexed. Just when I was about to explain everything to her, the doctor entered to check on her. She seemed scared and confused, somehow the doctor thought I was making it worse, so I had to go outside. I saw this as a chance to tell the others she was awake and they all decided to go to the hospital as fast as they could.

Just after the call ended, the doctor got outside and so I entered back into the room. Until the doctor stopped me and told me he wants to talk to me outside.

"I want to update you on her condition. As you know she got hit in the head by something strong. All of this resulted in her losing most of her memories, but do not worry, it is only temporarily lost. We cannot tell for sure when she will get everything back, but if you have any pictures, videos or shared memories you can tell her about, she'll remember everything way faster. But you should first help her to remember herself and close people to her. But we also found something good about this incident, she can now fluently speak Korean. Do not ask me why and how, we are trying to look for the answer. But for now, you should give her a visit," he informed me before going away. I just stood there shocked. But I just shook my head and entered her room, she probably feels way worse right now than I do.

As I headed inside again, I saw her looking around the room looking like a lost child. Something inside me broke when I saw her like that. That time I heard her getting slapped I swore that nothing will ever again happen to her, but I failed miserably. Now was my time to make up for it as good as I can, so I sat down next to her and started to speak to her calmly.

(I always put Korean dialogs italic, but from know on there won't be a need for that lmao)

"Hey... How are you feeling?"

"I.. I don't know... Not really good... W-Who are you?"

"I'm Changbin. Seo Changbin. But do you even know who you are?"

"I'm Y/N... right?", she asked gingerly, and I nodded with a painful smile. That's when she added something that got me as close to tears as I've ever been in the last days, "I'm so sorry for not remembering anything... I've fucked up so bad and I can't even tell you why"

"Please don't worry too much. The most important thing right now is that you're healing fully. You'll get your memory back soon enough, ok?", I asked repressing every single negative emotion. I have to be strong for her, I can't show any weakness now.

"I'll quickly grab you some snacks and drinks. Trust me, I know what you like," I said with a light smile, before going back outside again. There I saw Seungmin and Hyunjin waiting for the others. They approached me as soon as they saw me and looked at me confused.