08 - Safe Space

The rain has stopped, and the sun rose behind the buildings in the city, lighting up the room we were laying in. I had woken up a few minutes ago, but I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes just yet. A moment like this should take on forever and so I try to make it stay as long as I can, even if this means I have to pretend to still be asleep. Changbin hasn't woken up yet, or at least I thought so.

His arms still hugged my upper body and kept me close to him. His head was above mine and so my face was mostly hidden between his shoulder and his neck. Laying on the floor was nowhere near nice, but in his arms, everything seemed better than it is. The rest of the night I slept amazing. The best I've ever slept in Korea.

I took a deep breath before slowly moving my head backwards to look at him, that's when I noticed him being fully awake already. His hair was messy and covered a bit of his face, but through the strands of black hair I could see his dark eyes looking at me. We were laying like that, just looking at each other for a while before he quietly asked.

"Did you sleep well?", he asked in his deep morning voice.

"Yes... thank you", I whispered back, now feeling a little embarrassed as my memories from yesterday started to barge in. He saw me crying like a little child, how will I ever recover from that. What will he now think of me? Probably something along the lines of 'she's such a crybaby'. I've tried my best to never cry in front of my camera and so far, I succeeded, I was close a few times but I never really got to the point of tears dropping from my face like they did yesterday.

Changbin smiled a bit and softly caressed a piece of hair out of my face. I don't even want to imagine how bad my hair must look right now. But I couldn't seem to bother, all I can do right now is appreciate him, right in front of me.

We stayed a few more minutes before his phone broke our calming silence. A sigh escaped his lips before he removed his arms from me to grab his phone. It felt awful as he removed his arms, but it was probably an important call, because he stood up as soon as he saw the caller ID. I probably wasn't supposed to hear or see what it was about, because he moved to the bathroom after excusing himself.

Now I sat up and followed him with my eyes until the door was in the way. I rubbed my face and took a deep breath. After standing up and brushing through my hair with my fingers I went to my closet to pick a few comfortable clothes I could change into after Changbin was finished with his call. I stretched a bit when he re-entered the main room.

"I'm sorry, this was Chan Hyung I had to take it. I need to go, we still have to practice before the Comeback Stage tonight", he explained looking rather sad that he had to leave earlier than anticipated. Sadness also washed over my body, just a bit more cuddling would have been great. But I can't stand in front of someone needed so I just nodded and smiled at him.

"Don't worry I understand. Thanks again...", I said while the last part was rather a mumble. There were so many more words I wanted to say to him, but I restrained myself. He only wanted to sleep in peace, I told myself so I could focus better. Out of my peripheral sight I saw his white shirt sitting on my dresser, so I grabbed it, folded it and handed it to him. Not saying anything.

He grabbed it and engulfed me in one last hug before he left my apartment, also not saying a single thing.

My eyes starred at the door for probably 10 minutes before the notification sound of my phone shook me back into reality. I sighed and turned towards it, reading what was texted to me.

Changbin

Thank you again for letting me stay the night. I really enjoyed it. I'll bring you back your shirt tomorrow if that's fine?